+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

mauroncard

Sep 29, 2014
Hello Montreal June2014 test passers,

I did the test on June 6th 2014 and my ecas was updated on September 28, 2014: "We sent you a notice on September 25, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 10, 2014 at 1:00 PM."

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FL1040 said:
Yes, because before the ceremony you have to hand over your PR card, they will verify your landing record, give you some materials, find your seat (it comes with a number) etc and it takes about an hour....My letter said 8:30, the ceremony started about an hour later and it took about an hour, first there´s a speech from the judge, then the oath in both English and French and then they hand out the certificate, and once the judge comes into the room they do not let anybody who is taking the oath come in and you´ll be considered absent, they will close your case and you´ll have to do the process all over again
hi so overall how long does the oath and registration stuff will take? Did you do it in Marriott? is it difficult to find a parking?

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoping_canadian said:
hi so overall how long does the oath and registration stuff will take? Did you do it in Marriott? is it difficult to find a parking?
I did it in the Marriott, the registration takes about an hour, you have to queue up, then they have several lines depending on the number on your letter of invitation and so forth, the ceremony in itself takes about an hour. Once the ceremony starts you cannot leave the room, they close the doors, if you are left outside and fail to take the oath you will not be a citizen, so go and drink water and go to the bathroom BEFORE the oath ceremony and be present for the oath, also, look for your numbered seat, those seats are all numbered and reserved for those taking the oath, your friends will have to sit down at the back of the room, afther the oath they start calling people in numerical order they hand out the citizenship certificates et voilà....you are a Canadian citizen.

They recommend to use public transportation because of parking limitations, besides I suspect the parking fees at the hotel are freaking expensive, I came by Metro, but I live near the McGill campus

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the tip i will avoid drinking water as i always went to washroom specially when i am tensed :p ill go by metro as well ill park the car somewhere thre is a parking in the station

jell9050

Jan 18, 2014
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how long does it to take on average to get a test call in Montreal?My file was transferred to local off Montreal by 20th July,2014 but so far haven't received any test call.

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jell9050 said:
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how long does it to take on average to get a test call in Montreal?My file was transferred to local off Montreal by 20th July,2014 but so far haven't received any test call.
Me neither, mine was transferred Aug 11

diniga

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
jell9050 said:
Hey Guys,

Mine was transferred mid july and I received a call september 28 to ask if I was available for a test on october 20. I said yes. but my ecas just updated on october 4 and letter was sent on the 1st october.
I live in quebec city that is why they called me.
I think the average is 3 months but I don't really know why some get less than a month and others waited 6 months.

Aug 21, 2014
Michels,

Yes I am in Montreal. Please find my timeline below

Timeline:
Received application 16 April 2012
Starting Processing Feb 2013
Citizenship Test Sept 27 2013
RQ received on Nov 2013
Oath Ceremony October 15, 2014

Yani07

Oct 16, 2014
Hello Everyone.

I am new here and would appreciate you assistance.
My wife is a Canadian citizen and sponsored me under family class, landed Apr. 2007 and lived in Montreal till Nov. 2011. I submitted my citizenship application on Nov. 2010 (I was away for only 25 days in family vacation during 4 years). No updates on file till immigration requested finger print in March 2012, done and sent in couple of days, 8 months later I got RQ which was filled and sent back with docs, finger prints requested again end Dec. 2013, done and sent. I got the test and officer interview on June 2014, full mark on test. During the interview the officer asked normal questions about income tax, rent, etc... it took around 30 mins , at the end he said (I did not do the final assessment of your file, I will do that and find out if you need to meet a judge or not). Couple of days later I got a letter to provide more documents, done and sent, then lately I received another letter requesting my tax returns and schedules which were sent in timely manner.
My questions are:
1- Do officers review the files pre interview? or they just depend on interview to gather information.
2- Is meeting judges a sign of doubt?
3- Why possibly requests tax return and schedules? despite that I attached to my RQ every document that related to tax such as tax assessment ...etc

your assistance is highly appreciated

ihatecic

Oct 22, 2014
June/2012 - started my process
Oct/2013 - 'write test' passed and I received RQ right after test!
Dec/2013 - RQ Submitted

waiting ...

I submitted before my family. All of my family are already citizen...(different process).

Jul 31, 2014
Hi guys,

I have received the invitation for the test. :eek: 8) :p

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 1, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 1, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 28, 2012.

We sent you a notice on July 8, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 30, 2014 at 1:01 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on October 17, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 6, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

montrealer69

Oct 20, 2014
canadalover1985 said:
Hi guys,

I have received the invitation for the test. :eek: 8) :p

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 1, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 1, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 28, 2012.

We sent you a notice on July 8, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 30, 2014 at 1:01 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on October 17, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 6, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
congrats
so it took almost 3 months after the test ?