+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic8888 said:
hi, you need to call often until you get a nice agent who can actually get inside your file and tell you.
it happens to all of us.
The CC is loaded and dropping calls.

A friend of mine with his family applied in July 13, Got Test end of May 14, Oath in July 14. MTL

hasb1901

Feb 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Get a call for oath invitation yesterday.
Oath ceremony will take place in Sherbrooke QC on 9/11
Test on 6/11
Godd luck guys

nsnniu

Aug 23, 2014
hasb1901 said:
Get a call for oath invitation yesterday.
Oath ceremony will take place in Sherbrooke QC on 9/11
Test on 6/11
Godd luck guys
hi,
oath invitation via a call? no a letter follow up?

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes! Called CIC, a nice agent replied.. She said wife got final approval on Aug 22. Now she is in line for Oath with kids..
She had her test on July 23rd

Bait2014

Jun 21, 2014
Guys,

A friend of mine got an Oath invitation, BUT there is an hour difference between the time of the oath on the invitation letter and the date posted on CIC website for that date. Is this normal? Do they ask people to come earlier usually?

Quebec resident

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Hi guys
is there any news for people who passed there test on june 2014
for me , no news , still on list to have oath date, my file was approved on July 30, but no oath lettre

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec resident said:
Hi guys
is there any news for people who passed there test on june 2014
for me , no news , still on list to have oath date, my file was approved on July 30, but no oath lettre
No news for me too I passed my exam on 2nd week of June approved by July 17th. But there is no news yet

Bait2014

Jun 21, 2014
cic8888 said:
Bait2014,
My timings are like that ... 1hr earlier.
Thanks cic8888 for the reply. I will pass on the information to my friend. Do you know what he needs to take with him to the ceremony? Does he need all the documents (copy of application, PR card, Landing paper, etc...)?

hasb1901

Feb 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well I received letter couple of days ago, but initial contact was made through phone call

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bait2014 said:
Guys,

A friend of mine got an Oath invitation, BUT there is an hour difference between the time of the oath on the invitation letter and the date posted on CIC website for that date. Is this normal? Do they ask people to come earlier usually?
Yes, because before the ceremony you have to hand over your PR card, they will verify your landing record, give you some materials, find your seat (it comes with a number) etc and it takes about an hour....My letter said 8:30, the ceremony started about an hour later and it took about an hour, first there´s a speech from the judge, then the oath in both English and French and then they hand out the certificate, and once the judge comes into the room they do not let anybody who is taking the oath come in and you´ll be considered absent, they will close your case and you´ll have to do the process all over again