+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

Slvrbird

Jul 18, 2014
I'm new to this forum, received notice to take the citizenship test next Wednesday 7/23 and have some questions that would appreciate if someone can help clarify.

1. For those who had a RQ before test, did you bring all original documents (which you previously provided when responded to RQ) on the day of citizenship test? I'm planning to bring but worry that they will not let me bring it to the exam room. Since all are original documents, they are important (Don't want to lose them)

2. Would you please share with me the process on the date of test in Montreal? (i.e. Test first then interview with citizenship judge? Or vice versa?) Do they want you to show and proof that you fulfil the 3 out of 4 years residence requirement.

Congrats to all who had their oath ceremony.

My timelines:
Applied Feb 2012
Received Feb 27, 2012
RQ received July 2013
RQ responded July 2013
Notice to sit for test received June 5, 2014
Test scheduled July 2014

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Slvrbird said:
I'm new to this forum, received notice to take the citizenship test next Wednesday 7/23 and have some questions that would appreciate if someone can help clarify.

1. For those who had a RQ before test, did you bring all original documents (which you previously provided when responded to RQ) on the day of citizenship test? I'm planning to bring but worry that they will not let me bring it to the exam room. Since all are original documents, they are important (Don't want to lose them)

2. Would you please share with me the process on the date of test in Montreal? (i.e. Test first then interview with citizenship judge? Or vice versa?) Do they want you to show and proof that you fulfil the 3 out of 4 years residence requirement.

My timelines:
Applied Feb 2012
Received Feb 27, 2012
RQ received July 2013
RQ responded July 2013
Test scheduled July 2014
I got an RQ and had my report from CBSA and the RAMQ in case they asked for it, as a proof that I have lived in this province, I brought both papers plus a letter from my school.

The day of the test you will have to take the test first and wait for the results...a CIC agent will tell you the results check your application, verify the stamps in your passport and ask you a few simple questions to verify your oral skills and she will tell you that a judge needs to approve the application and you must wait for the letter inviting you to the ceremony...relax

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
No I didnt received anything yet'

cyrus71

Jul 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I passed the test in June 04,2014.

Any body from Montreal with same test timeline ?

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Slvrbird said:

My timelines:
Applied Feb 2012
Received Feb 27, 2012
RQ received July 2013
RQ responded July 2013
Test scheduled July 2014
Hi Q1. yes you can bring them in case the judges need to see the originals. in my case i bring all the originals but they dont look at it anyways, (safe to bring those papers) they will asked you to leave the all of your things under your seat so dont worry about that.

Q2 . you have to take the test first then interview next. The interviewer pullout your information from boarder already so they will just verify with you the exits you made during the period of time. Dont worry !!! ::)

Slvrbird

Jul 18, 2014
FL1040, Hoping_canadian,
Thank you for clarifying my questions! Appreciate that. Now I just need to stay focus on studying and reviewing more.

cyrus71

Jul 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jell9050 said:
Hi Cyrus 71,

How long did it take to get the test invite from the day of file transfer to local office?

Don't know about transfer date! I received a letter (convocation en francais) 15 days before the test.
In my eaccount, any thing about his date.

cyrus71

Jul 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec resident said:
Hi Cyrus 71
I also passed the test on June 5th, till now , no news about oath cerimony

It seems that people who have passed the exam on March/April , they have been called for ceremony only in July.
So we should wait till Sept or Oct ...

youst

Jul 15, 2014
cyrus71 said:
It seems that people who have passed the exam on March/April , they have been called for ceremony only in July.
So we should wait till Sept or Oct ...
Not all of them, including myself...

rcc

Apr 28, 2014
What is the phone number you call to ask about the process status? I took the test on Apr 28th and I have never called CIC before. I am still waiting for the oath or any news from CIC.

Mango91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rcc said:
What is the phone number you call to ask about the process status? I took the test on Apr 28th and I have never called CIC before. I am still waiting for the oath or any news from CIC.
I also took the test on April 28th but no news yet.
it is 1-888-242-2100. Press 2-1-4.