+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath taking ceremony canceled

Gucheelady

Mar 30, 2018
On this forum I did not read about anyone who had a ceremony but someone shared that on Reddit there was an experience shared about ceremony happening.
That must have been a misinformation. Because it was already announced that on IRCC website “Citizenship events will be rescheduled”

Reactions: pinkberries

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
That must have been a misinformation. Because it was already announced that on IRCC website “Citizenship events will be rescheduled”
Not necessarily misinformation. It’s my understanding that in some locations (very few, from what I’ve heard) some workers in certain places like Alberta, are not members of the union.

In those few places the ceremonies have apparently continued. But, MOST ceremonies have been canceled.

kiran23

Aug 1, 2021
I had my Oath ceremony on 19th April 8:15. After 4 years in Canada, I went to visit my father just last month. I cut short my India trip and came back to Canada on 18th April for the Oath, they cancelled just 30 mins before my Oath.
Note: I had requested to reschedule my Oath to last month, but they denied. Now I'm stuck doing nothing (literally feel like crying) because I am on a 2 months vacation, and my father keeps asking me to come back and see him during his difficult times. Can anyone help by giving direct contact to ircc officials? I sent a web form, replied to Oath email, gave all my travel proofs but I'm not sure if anyone received it. My Oath office is Niagara

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
I had my Oath ceremony on 19th April 8:15. After 4 years in Canada, I went to visit my father just last month. I cut short my India trip and came back to Canada on 18th April for the Oath, they cancelled just 30 mins before my Oath.
Note: I had requested to reschedule my Oath to last month, but they denied. Now I'm stuck doing nothing (literally feel like crying) because I am on a 2 months vacation, and my father keeps asking me to come back and see him during his difficult times. Can anyone help by giving direct contact to ircc officials? I sent a web form, replied to Oath email, gave all my travel proofs but I'm not sure if anyone received it. My Oath office is Niagara
Sorry to hear this - IRCC can be really unaccommodating. I don't think anyone would have a direct email address other than the oath or test email. Do you want to reply to the oath email that might help?

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Reply to the email with what you just wrote here (maybe more details), and also call them (the call center officers are working, my bf just spoke with them yesterday) to let them know you made a financial effort to be in Canada for the ceremony when they denied your request initially, which is totally unfair, for them to can half an hour before.

vancitysai

Mar 16, 2023
My virtual oath ceremony, which was initially scheduled to be on 25th, is cancelled by the Vancouver office. They informed me via an email today.