+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Reschedule

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I applied in March 2021 and so far only my background check and test are completed. After waiting for a long time, I came to India recently for the purpose of getting married as my age is catching up (I'm 33 years old and going to be 34 in January). Right now, I'm in India in search of a bride. My PR Card will be expiring on November 17 2022 and mostly I would have to apply for PRTD to return to Canada.

Recently, when I checked my citizenship tracker, I received a blank update on October 8 2022. Based on that, is there any indication that I would get my Decision Made update soon?

My current plan is to get married in India and then return back to Canada but if I get an oath invitation in the meantime, I'm not sure how easy is it to reschedule the oath? Do they ask for a tentative return date and then reschedule the oath based on the return date? If they ask for a return date, then I'm planning to explain them that I have to apply for PRTD and then book tickets accordingly.

Besides, are there specific (exceptional) conditions only under which IRCC reschedule the oath? Would my reason of wanting to get married be good enough for them?

Otherwise, once I get my Decision Made, can I request them to schedule my oath in 2 to 3 months so that I can apply for PRTD during that time and return back in time for the oath?

My processing office is Scarborough. I request the experts to please provide your valuable guidance.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
I also want to ask if IRCC does reschedule oath, is there any limit on the number of days they can hold my file. I read somewhere that IRCC doesn't hold the file for more than 6 months. Is it true?

j9hamn1380

Nov 15, 2022
Hello All,
I was scheduled to take my oath of citizenship on 7 August and I missed it. I provided them evidence of why I am going to miss my ceremony. Now I am back in Canada and submitted my boarding pass. When can I expect a rescheduled date from Montreal office?

TIA.

j9hamn1380

Nov 15, 2022
I also want to ask if IRCC does reschedule oath, is there any limit on the number of days they can hold my file. I read somewhere that IRCC doesn't hold the file for more than 6 months. Is it true?
Did you get your oath rescheduled? how long did it take?