not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
Hi,
My oath ceremony is scheduled on October 9th and due to illness of my father,I want to fly to India as soon as I can probably 10th or 11th October.In this case,what are my options?
My question is oath performed but if I still have Indian passport,Can I fly on Indian pp?
Experts,please give input.
Thanks,

Kaliswaran

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Hi,
My oath ceremony is scheduled on October 9th and due to illness of my father,I want to fly to India as soon as I can probably 10th or 11th October.In this case,what are my options?
My question is oath performed but if I still have Indian passport,Can I fly on Indian pp?
Thanks,
Based on comments from other members, you will cut your PR card during ceremony. So you have to apply travel document when you are in India. I am not sure whether VAC is open or not.

Also you can travel with indian passport however there will be a penalty for using infian passport after acquiring foreign nation. But it is worth rather than waiting for all certificates and passport.

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
Hi,
Thanks,
Indian embassy in Toronto is very accommodating on such situations, don't know if you will have to reach one at BC.You can call them but its true we are kept at limbo for at least a month on normal circumstances between citizenship certificate and OCI card. Wish you good luck, hope your father feels good soon !

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Thanks,
Yes, you can fly to India with Indian passport. However, you can't come back to Canada with Indian passport. You may have to ask someone to mail you the citizenship certificate to India. Then you have to apply Canadian passport from India. Then you have to surrender Indian citizenship within 3 months to avoid penalty fee. Along with that you can apply for OCI from India.