+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath of Citizenship outside of Canada?

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Ok I might opt for this option. Is there much of a difference in waiting times between the two options. I heard a friend saying something about people having to wait overnight to apply for a passport somewhere. Is there any truth to that?
Check with the Canadian embassy in Ireland. My husband applied from the UK last month and he got his passport within two weeks.

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Booked my flights so hopefully it all goes smoothly! Thanks again
Definitely need to be in Canada for the oath ceremony! Doesn’t matter if it’s online or in person. So good thing you got that figured out! Also, the citizenship certificate will be mailed to your address and you can only apply for the passport once you received it. Takes 1-2 weeks after the oath to get it in the mail I think.

Liamhefu2

Jun 22, 2018
All went well in the end..my sound wouldn't work on my zoom on my laptop because I didn't do a test call before hand and I almost had a heart attack because they were trying to talk to me and I couldn't hear

So one thing I would recommend is do a test zoom call first

But I will get my E certificate soon

Thanks for the help

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Getting a passport is much easier now than during covid, the wait at the passport services is no more than an hour in most places, some places even 10 minutes, and if you have plane tickets, you can get 1 business day pickup.
Though you'd have to pay for it, and also find a guarantor and references in a hurry.

If you don't need a passport any time soon, getting it abroad should be fine, I guess.