+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath of citizenship - June 2019

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
I know they sometimes verify the dates with stamps on passport AFTER test. that sounds stupid to me too.
Exactly! it could have saved so much of time and effort ! Human Error is quiet possible and also these dates get erased and go lighter a bit. now it has been 2 years and I am still waiting for some decision.

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Regardless of when or if, the person verified dates that you put in incorrectly
Fortunately they verified the incorrect dates
You only passed the test , you haven’t done the oath and been granted citizenship
You’ll have to wait
Yes, but the question is will it happen or not as my total number of dates has now reduced to 1093

cursor18

May 31, 2015
Yes ofcourse as i am permanent resident and i have a job here. i am settled here in Canada.
I think the question was asked to check if you still meet RO for Czship (minimum of 1095 and more) for a new application
You may need to reapply new one with new effective date again (as you have been in Canada after submitting and must be way over 1095). But if you are 1093 days in your existing application, you have failed to meet the main criteria for Czship
Sorry but I think you may need to reapply with new dates.
Senior members may have better options

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Yes ofcourse as i am permanent resident and i have a job here. i am settled here in Canada.
most people who applied with minimum buffers(1 day,7 days..) are rushing to get Canadian passport so that they can move to other countries, but in your case, since you've settled, why did you apply in such a rush? wouldn't better off with one month+ buffer?

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
most people who applied with minimum buffers(1 day,7 days..) are rushing to get Canadian passport so that they can move to other countries, but in your case, since you've settled, why did you apply in such a rush? wouldn't better off with one month+ buffer?
i was not aware of the process much! i just went through CIC guidelines and have a buffer of 1 week but the wrong date reduced my eligibility. but i expect the application to be returned if there is a mistake in dates

cursor18

May 31, 2015
i was not aware of the process much! i just went through CIC guidelines and have a buffer of 1 week but the wrong date reduced my eligibility. but i expect the application to be returned if there is a mistake in dates
The application is returned only if there is incomplete data (missed a question etc) or forgot to attach documents.

The validation of dates, RO etc is done as part of the interview after test

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Residency Obligation

1095 days in case of Czship application
atleast , they should have responded soon as currently it hs been 2 years since i have applied and my english IELTS score might have expired as well. i have written it in 2014.

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
The application is returned only if there is incomplete data (missed a question etc) or forgot to attach documents.

The validation of dates, RO etc is done as part of the interview after test
but did this ever happen before?

cursor18

May 31, 2015
but did this ever happen before?
Yes I believe so, have remembered seeing couple situations like this (in 2018 threads). Seniors advised that since it's less than 1095 , no concessions can be given unfortunately and applicant was asked to reapply again. Didn't hear from the applicant again so can't verify the outcome. Do a search in the 2018 or earlier threads

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Yes I believe so, have remember seeing couple situations like this (in 2018 threads). Seniors advised that since it's less than 1095 , no concessions can be given unfortunately and applicant was asked to reapply again. Didn't hear from the applicant again so can't verify the outcome. Do a search in the 2018 or earlier threads
thank you so much for your input! any idea about ielts score ? how old it can be ? can i use ielts score from 2014 ?