+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath of Citizenship form email subject line

messylemoo

Apr 17, 2023
Just had my citizenship ceremony and at the end, when they asked us to send the Oath of Citizenship form, they showed the email subject line - I got a pen and frantically tried to write it down but it went by too quickly. Heads up to anyone doing the ceremony, have a pen/paper on hand at the end of the ceremony and be ready to write this down.

It says in the email to send it to Oath form for [Date and time as indicate on top of notice], [Clerks Initials] - so it should be: Oath Form for 17th April 1:00 PM CDT [initials] - is there any way for me to find out who the clerk in my session was, i've tried calling IRCC many times and they are always too busy to take my call? Or does it not matter too much if I don't include it?

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Which office did your ceremony? I'm in the same boat - my notice says to include Datetime and Application number, but the auto reply email says I need my name in it too. Though I don't remember the clerk mentioning initials

messylemoo

Apr 17, 2023
Which office did your ceremony? I'm in the same boat - my notice says to include Datetime and Application number, but the auto reply email says I need my name in it too. Though I don't remember the clerk mentioning initials
The Manitoba one did my ceremony. I named my Oath doc last name, first name. I finally got through to someone at IRCC and they were unable to give me any clear information about specifics, so they said just to have the subject line as Oath Form for 2023/04/17 1:00 PM CDT and not worry about the initials, I think the clerk quickly mentioned the initials going on the slideshow, but it was very quick, wish they had given us a moment to write it down. Hope that helps!

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
The Manitoba one did my ceremony. I named my Oath doc last name, first name. I finally got through to someone at IRCC and they were unable to give me any clear information about specifics, so they said just to have the subject line as Oath Form for 2023/04/17 1:00 PM CDT and not worry about the initials, I think the clerk quickly mentioned the initials going on the slideshow, but it was very quick, wish they had given us a moment to write it down. Hope that helps!
Ah, Vancouver for me

Mine too was very quick at the end. I'm just gonna hope for the best. I mean, my name is in both my email identity and the actual frigging document I sent. Hope they can put 2 and 2 together

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Just had my citizenship ceremony and at the end, when they asked us to send the Oath of Citizenship form, they showed the email subject line - I got a pen and frantically tried to write it down but it went by too quickly. Heads up to anyone doing the ceremony, have a pen/paper on hand at the end of the ceremony and be ready to write this down.

It says in the email to send it to Oath form for [Date and time as indicate on top of notice], [Clerks Initials] - so it should be: Oath Form for 17th April 1:00 PM CDT [initials] - is there any way for me to find out who the clerk in my session was, i've tried calling IRCC many times and they are always too busy to take my call? Or does it not matter too much if I don't include it?
Since you did not catch the name/intitals of the clerk, just revert back to the instructions on the Oath form that came...
Should be something like the following(may vary as per the office which send you the details of Virtual Citizenship Ceremony):

Email us the PDF or JPG (PDF files are preferred) of the signed Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form immediately; it should NOT be more than 2 days after the ceremony.
NOTE: In the subject line of your email, include: “Oath form for [your file number], [your family name]”.

• Family members should save the forms in separate PDFs, however, they can all be sent in one email.
  • There are free scanning Apps that can be downloaded if necessary. (Example : CamScanner, Adobe Scan, etc.)
  • Ensure that each attachment is not larger than 1 MB (1000K).
  • If you recently moved but did not provide your new address during registration, please include it in your
  • reply email so that we can send your certificate to the correct address. In the future, you don’t need to tell
  • us if you change your address.

messylemoo

Apr 17, 2023
Since you did not catch the name/intitals of the clerk, just revert back to the instructions on the Oath form that came...
Should be something like the following(may vary as per the office which send you the details of Virtual Citizenship Ceremony):

Email us the PDF or JPG (PDF files are preferred) of the signed Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form immediately; it should NOT be more than 2 days after the ceremony.
NOTE: In the subject line of your email, include: “Oath form for [your file number], [your family name]”.

• Family members should save the forms in separate PDFs, however, they can all be sent in one email.
  • There are free scanning Apps that can be downloaded if necessary. (Example : CamScanner, Adobe Scan, etc.)
  • Ensure that each attachment is not larger than 1 MB (1000K).
  • If you recently moved but did not provide your new address during registration, please include it in your
  • reply email so that we can send your certificate to the correct address. In the future, you don’t need to tell
  • us if you change your address.
Thank you so much for the reply, this was what I wound up doing.

ZachC

Jun 12, 2023

Do you possibly have the email so i can send mine off as well

Jodyjack20

Dec 5, 2021

Did it end up working out?

Jodyjack20

Dec 5, 2021
Ah, Vancouver for me

Mine too was very quick at the end. I'm just gonna hope for the best. I mean, my name is in both my email identity and the actual frigging document I sent. Hope they can put 2 and 2 together
Did it work out for you?