Waived
Passport Req..
04-JAN-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
Friends,

Mississauga office is handing out oath letters to applicants on the day of test/interview if everything goes normal.
But these oath letters start with wordings as below...

"The citizenship Judge reserves the final decision on each application.
You will be contacted and instructed not to attend the ceremony if it is determined that additional documentation is required to make a final decision.
If you receive a call, you will also be informed of the next steps and additional documents required."

My question is to the people on the forum who received Oath Letter through mail.

Does your oath letter also state this or any other condition or it is a straight-forward invite with already decision made?

All through the waiting time I used to be eager to hear from CIC, but now for the first time I am praying that I don't hear from them till the Oath is done or even later ;)

Please respond if you have the answer to my question.

Thanks!

ilovemma

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetakash said:
Friends,

Mississauga office is handing out oath letters to applicants on the day of test/interview if everything goes normal.
But these oath letters start with wordings as below...

"The citizenship Judge reserves the final decision on each application.
You will be contacted and instructed not to attend the ceremony if it is determined that additional documentation is required to make a final decision.
If you receive a call, you will also be informed of the next steps and additional documents required."

My question is to the people on the forum who received Oath Letter through mail.

Does your oath letter also state this or any other condition or it is a straight-forward invite with already decision made?

All through the waiting time I used to be eager to hear from CIC, but now for the first time I am praying that I don't hear from them till the Oath is done or even later ;)

Please respond if you have the answer to my question.

Thanks!
Dude, Is there any date on the letter or what?? According to what you have quoted it's not really a Oath Letter to me. It looks like they are in directly telling you not to call them. If everything goes fine they will call you...

sweetakash

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Transferred to Ottawa CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
8-NOV-2011
File Transfer...
8-NOV-2011
Med's Request
8-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
28-NOV-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-JAN-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
ilovemma said:
Dude, Is there any date on the letter or what?? According to what you have quoted it's not really a Oath Letter to me. It looks like they are in directly telling you not to call them. If everything goes fine they will call you...
Yes there is a Oath Date, usually Mississauga office gives oath date anywhere from 2 to 10 days after the test/interview date.
My test was today (29-Jul) and Oath invite is for 07-Aug (but the oath invite letter has the condition stated above.)

toronto0725

Jul 25, 2014
sweetakash said:
Yes there is a Oath Date, usually Mississauga office gives oath date anywhere from 2 to 10 days after the test/interview date.
My test was today (29-Jul) and Oath invite is for 07-Aug (but the oath invite letter has the condition stated above.)
Congrats !! Can you share your interview experience with officer ? How long was the interview and what kind of questions officer asked ?

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Where are you from originally and what's your recent history in Canada? I'm trying to figure out how you managed to become a citizen within 5 months of applying.

That being said, congrats!

cloee

Mar 5, 2013
Congrats. you're almost there :)

The letter we received by mail didn't have those conditions.

subject: Notice to Appear - to take the Oath of Citizenship

Please appear on: date time

then it lists all the documents to bring
and if you are not able to attend, to file new application or convince judge why you couldn't attend