+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath: How it went yesterday.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi everyone. I wanted to share how my oath ceremony went yesterday. I logged in 5 min before the ceremony started. 3 minutes after 1 the officer let us in. They asked us to change our name to seat number and last name. The officer changed it for all of us. That took 10-15 minutes or so. After that we went to each officer stand alone where the officer asked for two pieces of ID other than PR. I presented my health card and driver license. Officer asked to present my PR, so I presented my PR. There is a paper we have to sign that signifies you don't have any crimes or any issues with immigration as first signature. The second signature indicates that you swear an oath in front of a judge. The officer asked me to sign the first signature. After that the judge introduced herself and talked a little bit about Canada and her ancestral background as well as first nations history and how Canada added about first nations rights in oath recently. After that we repeated the oath after the judge all at the same time. Finally we went to the office where the officer asked if we will travel in the next 2 month in order to speed up your citizenship certificate. I was also asked to cut the PR into 4 parts and sign the last signature. I signed the last part of the paper. Officer signed off and I scanned it and emailed it to the designated email. The subject of the signed oath form is given during the ceremony.
So you printed the form before the ceremony and signed it twice on paper, and you didn't sign it on the computer?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I would say sign it on paper is much easier if you don't know how to upload your signature.
I think you are right. I will do that when the time comes. It's just I don't have a printer, and I have to go to a public printing service to print it.

XCode

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I think you are right. I will do that when the time comes. It's just I don't have a printer, and I have to go to a public printing service to print it.
Yes it is much easier and officer can look at you and confirm you signed it.

Sewitpop

Sep 25, 2021
Hi everyone. I wanted to share how my oath ceremony went yesterday. I logged in 5 min before the ceremony started. 3 minutes after 1 the officer let us in. They asked us to change our name to seat number and last name. The officer changed it for all of us. That took 10-15 minutes or so. After that we went to each officer stand alone where the officer asked for two pieces of ID other than PR. I presented my health card and driver license. Officer asked to present my PR, so I presented my PR. There is a paper we have to sign that signifies you don't have any crimes or any issues with immigration as first signature. The second signature indicates that you swear an oath in front of a judge. The officer asked me to sign the first signature. After that the judge introduced herself and talked a little bit about Canada and her ancestral background as well as first nations history and how Canada added about first nations rights in oath recently. After that we repeated the oath after the judge all at the same time. Finally we went to the office where the officer asked if we will travel in the next 2 month in order to speed up your citizenship certificate. I was also asked to cut the PR into 4 parts and sign the last signature. I signed the last part of the paper. Officer signed off and I scanned it and emailed it to the designated email. The subject of the signed oath form is given during the ceremony.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I signed the oath ceremony today. How many sign did you do on the form total ? 2? Or3?Do you sign the bottom ? I did two. 1 for the crime other one is for I wear to Queen .I wonder if I need a sign at the bottom, too. Office worker finished it so quickly that I couldn't check this out.

XCode

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I signed the oath ceremony today. How many sign did you do on the form total ? 2? Or3?Do you sign the bottom ? I did two. 1 for the crime other one is for I wear to Queen .I wonder if I need a sign at the bottom, too. Office worker finished it so quickly that I couldn't check this out.
Wow you did your ceremony on the weekend? I signed a total of 2. 1)for crime 2)to swear oath for the queen. The bottom one is for the Judge I think.

Sewitpop

Sep 25, 2021
I was surprised that weekend also had an oath ceremony. Thank you for your reply

Khan918

Sep 24, 2021
Thankyou for sharing..How long did it take for the entire zoom meeting?

Khan918

Sep 24, 2021
Also your local time of interview..?