+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath day and missing an original for name change

Seemp

Jan 7, 2015
Hi everyone,

If this post sounds ditsy to some, I apologize. Have read all the material for the oath but missing a document.
In regards to the oath, the letter describes some obvious stuff like the invitation letter, all passports etc but it also requires all the originals of the documents I send with my application. Makes sense of course. I got RQed and I cant remember what they asked for or what I send. A lot of passport pages for sure and all my diplomas. So now I have filtered out from a checklist that it is probably this: Passports old and new, birth cert, marriage cert, 2 IDs (drivers license and health card), Sin card and Conformation of residency and all my diplomas.

Now the Celpip I do not have on my file at home. I know I send one in a sealed enveloppe and there was another one. I think that needed to be send as well. So all originals are in my file. For my name change (marriage) I send with my file marriage cert, Health card and drivers licence copies with both names. Now I have only my recent drivers license and not the old one anymore. Instead I bring my SIN old and new. Is this enough? Any advise? It's Monday, I got the letter only 2 days ago

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are good to go....usually they focus on getting the PR Card from you. What they really want to make sure is the right person shows up for the oath so if your photo on file matches who they see before them and there is corresponding photo ID you typically get processed quick and moved on to the ceremony room. Congrats and enjoy the day its certainly special.