+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Date In Halifax

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Hello everyone,

I applied for the citizenship on Feb-12-2010 and now still waiting for the oath, im currently located in Halifax, NS

Here is the updates i have online:

*We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 12, 2010.

*We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on February 12, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

*We started processing your application on January 27, 2011.

*Your file was transferred to the Moncton office on February 18, 2011. The Moncton office will contact you if additional information is required. The Moncton office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

*We sent you a notice on May 9, 2011 to xxx, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, xxx to appear and write the citizenship test on May 24, 2011 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

So My question now is when i should expect my oath? and if anyone knows the oath dates for those upcoming month in halifax office

Thanks,
Badi

melo

Jul 7, 2011
hi , you are a lucky guy you got your test quickly (3 mois), my file was tranfered to moncton on march 2011 and righ now i did not get the test . do you know how long it takes usually to get you test scheduled in halifax?

pouyaba

Aug 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Badi,

I applied for citizenship around the same time as yours and they started processing my application on January 27, 2011. (what a coincidence!) and I had my citizenship test on May 26,2011. The lady who interviewed me, told me I should receive an invitation letter for the ceremony in about 2 to 3 months, but I haven't heard from them yet. I know a person who had his ceremony about a week ago, and he did his test about 5 month ago. so I guess we are getting close and we should be expecting a letter in a month or so.
The next citizenship ceremony will be held on September 8, 2011. and they haven't scheduled the one after it yet.

We should keep each other updated and lets invite our other friends, who have applied for their citizenship, to join this forum.

Badi said:
Hello everyone,

I applied for the citizenship on Feb-12-2010 and now still waiting for the oath, im currently located in Halifax, NS

Here is the updates i have online:

*We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 12, 2010.

*We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on February 12, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

*We started processing your application on January 27, 2011.

*Your file was transferred to the Moncton office on February 18, 2011. The Moncton office will contact you if additional information is required. The Moncton office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

*We sent you a notice on May 9, 2011 to xxx, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, xxx to appear and write the citizenship test on May 24, 2011 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

So My question now is when i should expect my oath? and if anyone knows the oath dates for those upcoming month in halifax office

Thanks,
Badi

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Hey poyaba

Thanks for tje information u provided,,i didnt get anything yet for the oath how about you? Could please give me the website to check the ceromony dates

Thanks
Badi

melo

Jul 7, 2011
hi Badi and pouyuaba

Can u guys share how was the test date in halifax ( interview and questions ) . Thanks

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Hello melo

For the citizenship test it was really easy just read the book once and go to google and search for sample question , repeat them like million time and you good to go

About the interview
-She checked the orignal document that i used in my application like driver liscne and Dal id and MSI card
-She went over my old passport and the new one very quickly to make sure there is an accebtable number of stamp in comparison to the ones i have on file
-she asked my what do i do for living
-how did i immigrate to canada
- why did i choose canada
-what im studying and where im going after the school is over
- she started to talk about my program cuz she jad a little bit of background but i guess it has npthing with the interview, she was being friendly i think

Thats all what i remember

pouyaba

Aug 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

Ok at least I know it's not just me who didn't get the invitation to the ceremony. I guess we will attend the same ceremony then. I've heard it almost takes 5 months until we get the invitation to the ceremony in Halifax. Hopefully we should get it soon.

As of the test and interview, mine was the same as Badi's. Reading the book once should do the job for the test and in the interview, she just asked me some basic questions, i.e. where I work, what I do, how many times I went out of Canada and for how long and she also went through my passport stamps.

pouyaba

Aug 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh Badi I forgot this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/english/search_recherche_eng.aspx

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Ehy thank pouaba i got it, but untill now it appears that there is no ceromonies yet in october, however hope well get in october together..keep me updated if you get any update

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Hey pouyaba

It seems that there is a ceromony on Oct 6th, are you scheduled in that day? I dont have any new update on my file online what so ever how abt you?...they just updated the list today

pouyaba

Aug 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Badi said:
Hey pouyaba

It seems that there is a ceromony on Oct 6th, are you scheduled in that day? I dont have any new update on my file online what so ever how abt you?...they just updated the list today
No changes to my file yet.. :(

pouyaba

Aug 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Badi,

Just to let you know, I talked to some people who had their ceremonies yesterday and they told me they did the test at the end of April and beginning of May, and they received the invitation to the ceremony about a week ago; so hopefully we should be in the next ceremony or the one after it which is a month from now. Will keep you updated if I have more news.
No changes to your status yet?