+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Cermony Reschedule Timeframe @ Scarborough Office

priset

Oct 5, 2007
Hi, I placed the request to reschedule my Oath Ceremony on September 2017 as I was out of the country. I am still waiting for the new date for the Oath Ceremony. Can anybody say how long do we generally wait for the new date. It is almost 6 months now. When checked with Customer service they are saying you are in the queue for reschedule, but not able to provide a date. I know the Scarborough office did receive my request to reschedule and had updated in my file that they received the request. Not sure why it is taking so long for them to reschedule. Any suggestion welcome on what other steps can be taken to speed up the process ?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Get your local MP involved........it may help.....

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi, I placed the request to reschedule my Oath Ceremony on September 2017 as I was out of the country. I am still waiting for the new date for the Oath Ceremony. Can anybody say how long do we generally wait for the new date. It is almost 6 months now. When checked with Customer service they are saying you are in the queue for reschedule, but not able to provide a date. I know the Scarborough office did receive my request to reschedule and had updated in my file that they received the request. Not sure why it is taking so long for them to reschedule. Any suggestion welcome on what other steps can be taken to speed up the process ?
Wow..6 months..its like they are torturing you for asking to reschedule it!
Not sure if there's anything you can do, other than call them every few weeks. As suggested above involving the MP may help ..although i have no idea how to do that.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
it was a bad decision from you part ,, you don't ask IRCC to re-schedule any thing ,, they will take their time ,, imagine IRCC will take their time

Pavel

Aug 5, 2011
Is it in scarborough center?
how you correspondence with IRCC, by mail/email/phone call?
what is the contact address/email address?

YuliaYulia

Jun 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Thanks everyone for the feedback will try the local MP option.
Hi, Priset.
My husband had to reschedule his oath date a couple of month ago and no news after that.
I just wanted to ask you how long you had to wait to get your next appointment for oath ceremony?
Thanks in advance.

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Hi, Priset.
My husband had to reschedule his oath date a couple of month ago and no news after that.
I just wanted to ask you how long you had to wait to get your next appointment for oath ceremony?
Thanks in advance.
One of my friends rescheduled and as per him it took over 7 months to get a rescheduled date! Ridiculous service and equally ridiculous agents.

YuliaYulia

Jun 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
One of my friends rescheduled and as per him it took over 7 months to get a rescheduled date! Ridiculous service and equally ridiculous agents.
Thanks for your answer.
It's been like 4,5 month since we asked for a new oath day.....and you are saying that it may be 7 or more month for that((( OMG( that's ridiculous(

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Well the thing is, when they schedule for oath, make sure you go and take it.
Otherwise you're back to the end of the line since u weren't interested.......unfortunately thats how they work......this is why i always advise not to reschedule test and/or oath. Appear when summoned.

Reactions: salimnw and qorax

YuliaYulia

Jun 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Well the thing is, when they schedule for oath, make sure you go and take it.
Otherwise you're back to the end of the line since u weren't interested.......unfortunately thats how they work......this is why i always advise not to reschedule test and/or oath. Appear when summoned.
Totally agree with you and if my husband could attend the ceremony - 100% he would be there.
This waiting game is exhausting(((
Anyways, thanks for your reply!

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
it was a bad decision from you part ,, you don't ask IRCC to re-schedule any thing ,, they will take their time ,, imagine IRCC will take their time
Of course you can ask them to reschedule. People don't put their lives on hold during this process. They have to travel for work or personal reasons all the time.

Last edited:

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
@paulvoyer I rescheduled my Citizenship Test and it took 3 extra months to reschedule my exam. I had to travel due to some unusually unavoidable circumstances. There are sometimes life events which you can't change or alter and you are left with no choice.

Reactions: qorax