+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OATH Ceremony

nyc2018

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Question:

i just got my oath ceremony invite, they say that i have to bring all my expired and current travel document/passport..

i brought all those to the test and they looked over it, but now i dont have one my expired home country passport, i cant find it..

i have my current travel document from Canada and my expired one , i lost my country of citizen passport that was expired back in 2013.

funmax6

Jun 10, 2014
Question:

i just got my oath ceremony invite, they say that i have to bring all my expired and current travel document/passport..

i brought all those to the test and they looked over it, but now i dont have one my expired home country passport, i cant find it..

i have my current travel document from Canada and my expired one , i lost my country of citizen passport that was expired back in 2013.
If you are requested to bring the old passport and can't find it now, atleast inform IRCC through the call center or the webform.

For my oath, I had my current and expired passports with me. But they never checked it. All they checked were the conformation of permanent residence document and PR card. I'm not sure if the oath experiences/document verification vary from one center to another.

Reactions: salimnw

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
At my oath they just asked for an id (driving license or health card) at check in.
After they asked for, and kept the PR card.

No need to present passports or COPR - although I brought them with me as they asked for them in the oath invite letter.

moabbasi

Sep 12, 2009
Pickering
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AEO-0213
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011; Apps Payment.: 21-03-2011 (CC);PER Received..: 12-04-2011;In Process......: 19-09-2011
Doc's Request.
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Originals
File Transfer...
06-05-201;PCC Request..: Sent Originals
Med's Request
12-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
Waived..;Doc's Sent......: 03-02-2012;Decision Made.: 05-07-2012
Passport Req..
12-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2012
LANDED..........
08-12-2012
They will just check :

Oath Notification
PR Card
CoPR
One piece of govt id: driving license or health card.

Thats it.

Carry whatever passports you have, they wont check anyway... this is from my experience in Scarborough centre.

Hanimani

Mar 30, 2018
Question:

Hi
I have the same situation. I wonder what happened at your oath ceremony? Did they ask for your old passports?

nyc2018

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Hi
I have the same situation. I wonder what happened at your oath ceremony? Did they ask for your old passports?
They all asked for was the PR card ... even if you brought the other passport they will tell you to put them away

Elhamy1re

Nov 5, 2013
Oath

Date: July 4, 2018

Time: 1:00 pm

Duration: about 2 hours

Total number of applicants: 83

Arrived 10 minutes earlier.

Stood in a line that leads to the ceremony room.

At the door entrance, an officer looked at the invitation letter, the COPR and the PR card.

He let you inside the room to a clerk who took the consent form as well as the PR card.

You were seated at your designated seat.

When everyone took their designated seats, the clerk described the ceremony procedure and the judge name.

When the judge entered the room, all attendees stood up then sat down. He greeted everyone and welcomed them to the end of their long immigration journey. He gave information about the responsibilities and rights of a Canadian Citizen.

Then we all stood up and he introduced the Oath in both languages English and French then we sat down and he started to distribute the Canadian Citizenship Certificates to each one of us in the same order we were seated.

After receiving the certificate, you were conducted at the back of the room to sign the Oath. After everyone had signed the Oath and returned to their seats, we stood up again and sang O Canada, the bilingual version.

Finally, we took photos with the judge, the clerk and the officer.

Status in ECAS was changed to “Complete” the following day.

Todd Ibbitson

Jun 28, 2018
The lady that I'm dating has passed her testing back in March of this year but she has not received a invitation to a ceremony.

The problem that she has is that her PR card is about to expire and we are not sure if she should renew the card before it expires?
Does the PR card need to be active or can it be expired when attending the ceremony?

She is really worried about not getting an invite yet, and I keep looking if there is a ceremony coming up in our area but there is nothing showing up.

Can someone give us some ideas what to do?

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
The lady that I'm dating has passed her testing back in March of this year but she has not received a invitation to a ceremony.

The problem that she has is that her PR card is about to expire and we are not sure if she should renew the card before it expires?
Does the PR card need to be active or can it be expired when attending the ceremony?

She is really worried about not getting an invite yet, and I keep looking if there is a ceremony coming up in our area but there is nothing showing up.

If she don’t need to travel she don’t have to renew her PR card. Some office take a longer to schedule Oath Invite.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013

PR card is only used for entry into Canada. You can legally stay in Canada on an expired PR card. Its always to good idea to renew, but if she close receiving her oath, she can skip. If she has to leave for her home country (emergency situation), then there maybe problems.

foxtrat

Jul 16, 2018
Hello!

I'm new here and my oath is coming up the problem is I could not find my COPR but I have my PR card. It says on the letter if you have both landing and pr card bring them both, so my perceptipn is, its okay if i don't have the copr and only the pr card?

Asif90

Jun 1, 2018
Hi I saw the status is changed to DM however i have still not received OATH letter. Usually i received letter in email as i received test letter in email as well but since DM i have not received anything in email or mail. Any idea after how many days of DM i will receive oath ceremony letter?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Hi I saw the status is changed to DM however i have still not received OATH letter. Usually i received letter in email as i received test letter in email as well but since DM i have not received anything in email or mail. Any idea after how many days of DM i will receive oath ceremony letter?
Depends on your location, can take days to months

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hello!

I'm new here and my oath is coming up the problem is I could not find my COPR but I have my PR card. It says on the letter if you have both landing and pr card bring them both, so my perceptipn is, its okay if i don't have the copr and only the pr card?
There were a couple people at our oath ceremony that didn't have the landing documents. They were referred somewhere but I think they still took the oath. You can apply to get another landing document if you've lost it. You'll need it later in life, so best to get another copy.