+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Ceremony to Certificate timeline

Miaaa S

Nov 2, 2021
I saw on Facebook some people get it in 3 days while others receive after 5 weeks. So I want to start a thread on this which can be helpful to some. Please indicate your city and number of business days it takes from oath to receiving the certificate (regular)

hallooo

Apr 6, 2021
had my oath 4 weeks ago and still haven't received the certificate. Scarborough office. living in downtown toronto.

roserainy515

Feb 3, 2021
Hi do you know how can we get hold of the citizenship agents as I have sent them the signed paper after my citizenship ceremony and after a week they told me that they haven't received my email and I have resent them the email and haven't heard back from them after that it has been a week now. I also told them that I need it urgently. Thank you.

Qazi 0900

Nov 3, 2021
I had my oath on 23 Oct yet waiting for certificate
I have my Oath on Nov 17th and I’m traveling to Pakistan on Dec 4th. Wondering if I’ll get the certificate within few days so I can apply for the passport or I should reschedule the Oath? Any advise. Thanks

Qazi 0900

Nov 3, 2021
I have my Oath on Nov 17th and I’m traveling to Pakistan on Dec 4th. Wondering if I’ll get the certificate within few days so I can apply for the passport or I should reschedule the Oath? Any advise. Thanks
just wondering what they do with the PR card at the time of ceremony? Can we use the PR card after the oath for international travel?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
just wondering what they do with the PR card at the time of ceremony? Can we use the PR card after the oath for international travel?
No. You will cut your PR card towards the end of your citizenship ceremony. The cards will obviously be rendered invalid because you are no longer a PR and cannot use a PR card.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Can't say when you'll get the certificate. Could be anywhere from a week to 6 weeks, unfortunately.

Qazi 0900

Nov 3, 2021
No. You will cut your PR card towards the end of your citizenship ceremony. The cards will obviously be rendered invalid because you are no longer a PR and cannot use a PR card.
Yes that make sense, wondering how soon we can get the citizenship certificate after the oath? Seems I should reschedule the ceremony.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Yes that make sense, wondering how soon we can get the citizenship certificate after the oath? Seems I should reschedule the ceremony.
I think there are some instances where people have managed to pick up the certificate in person from a local office a day or two after the Ceremony, but I seem to recall it's anecdotal - unless someone has actually managed to do it? I can't find any hard evidence in the forum of this.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Anywhere between 1 week and 6 weeks. If your application is processed urgently, you might get it within a day or two.

Request the clerk at the ceremony to expedite the dispatch of your certificate if you have travel coming up.