+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Ceremony Timelines - Online test completed

Viral

Jul 22, 2014
Hello Friends -

I have completed my test on Jun 23, 2021. How soon can I expect oath ceremony? Typically, how long this process takes?

one follow-up question - After the Oath is completed, how soon can we get the passport? Is there any expedited process to get the passport soon?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Friends -

I have completed my test on Jun 23, 2021. How soon can I expect oath ceremony? Typically, how long this process takes?

one follow-up question - After the Oath is completed, how soon can we get the passport? Is there any expedited process to get the passport soon?
Given the current backlog and depending on when you applied, expect 3 to 5 months or more of waiting time after the test status is set to "Completed" on the dashboard.

After oath, you'll have to wait for your citizenship certificate to arrive. Normally, this can take anywhere between 5 days and a 4 weeks to arrive. You can only apply for a passport once you have the original citizenship certificate.

Having said that, after the oath, you can have both the citizenship certificate AND the passport processed urgently. After your oath ceremony, tell the clerk that you would like to have the citizenship certificate sent to you urgently and provide a valid reason (they might ask for proof). Once you receive the certificate, you can apply for a passport urgently (again, if you provide them with a valid reason and proof).

rahulsepco

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with application
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
very soon this year
Citizenship test result update 9 june all others requirements updated 18july, how long it takes to call an Oath ceremony? Waiting from long time

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
"How long until ....?" questions are unlikely to get much of a helpful answer, given that IRCC does not seem to be processing applications in any particular order. No matter what answer anyone gives you, the only thing you can do is wait.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
"How long until ....?" questions are unlikely to get much of a helpful answer, given that IRCC does not seem to be processing applications in any particular order. No matter what answer anyone gives you, the only thing you can do is wait.
True. These type of questions don't catch a break LOL. A lot of questions I see every day are "How long until..." type questions.