+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Ceremony Summons: Conflict with Return Date to Canada, Need Guidance

voicetel

Nov 11, 2012
Hello friends,

I received a second summons for the Oath Ceremony. The first one was in-person and was outside of Canada. That was in last June, and the date was very close and it was virtually impossible to be in Canada. I quickly explained the situation.

Again, after a few months, I receive another 'Notice to Appear,' this time via video - in 10 days. Once again, I won't be able to attend. I only return to Canada in 8 months.

Could it be detrimental if I say I am only returning in 8 months?

Thank you very much!

• Angry
Reactions: IPULL

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
You want to remind yourself about your priorities. Become a Canadian citizen and commit to this country or not. You can't have the cake and eat it, too..

Reactions: IPULL

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Hello friends,

I received a second summons for the Oath Ceremony. The first one was in-person and was outside of Canada. That was in last June, and the date was very close and it was virtually impossible to be in Canada. I quickly explained the situation.

Again, after a few months, I receive another 'Notice to Appear,' this time via video - in 10 days. Once again, I won't be able to attend. I only return to Canada in 8 months.

Could it be detrimental if I say I am only returning in 8 months?

Thank you very much!
you have to start with new application if you do not attend this ceremony. It is clearly stated on CIC website.