No
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made (October 2, 2013)
LANDED..........
October 09, 2013
Hi,
I had my oath ceremony scheduled for tomorrow i.e. August 25, 2015 and just now got a call from a lady from Citizenship and Immigration Canada asking me not to come tomorrow for the ceremony as they are awaiting a clearance from Immigration regarding conditions I had on my PR Application.

She apologized for the error on their part and asked me to wait for few more weeks. This is so so disappointing.

Anyone else out there with a similar experience??

wait continues...................... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
what do you mean by conditions on my PR application ? - - Do you mean going all the way back to your original PR application when you first applied ?

tbhutani

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2013
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21, 2013
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 09, 2013
no.. i meant my PR Status..

when i was granted PR back in 2009, it came with certain conditions and they haven't received a clearance from Immigration department on it... :(

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
so your status now says Decision Made ? (or is it back to In Process ?)

Don't understand what you mean by conditions.... did she explain and give you more detail ?

tbhutani

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2013
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21, 2013
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 09, 2013
us2yow said:
so your status now says Decision Made ? (or is it back to In Process ?)

Don't understand what you mean by conditions.... did she explain and give you more detail ?
online status is still decision made ....
I came in 2009 on a business class immigration from India which means that I have to start up my own business and employ at least 1 Canadian PR or citizen in the company. (Which is fine as I do have my own business and employ 4-5 people)

tbhutani

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2013
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21, 2013
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 09, 2013
tim271 said:
What type of condition i think we have to know that befor we know how to help
condition was to set up my own business within 3 years and employ atleast 1 PR/Citizen... which is fine as I have my own business now and employ 4-5 PR/Citizens... from my end, I have satisfied the conditions but not sure why they haven't got the approval yet from Immigration Dept....

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tbhutani said:
condition was to set up my own business within 3 years and employ atleast 1 PR/Citizen... which is fine as I have my own business now and employ 4-5 PR/Citizens... from my end, I have satisfied the conditions but not sure why they haven't got the approval yet from Immigration Dept....
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=863279

Barring conditional permanent residents

"Under the new changes, permanent residents with unfulfilled conditions attached to their permanent resident status will not be eligible for citizenship. Previously, there were no provisions in the Citizenship Act preventing conditional permanent residents from obtaining citizenship if they otherwise met the requirements. This posed the risk that a conditional permanent resident could acquire citizenship even though they had not fulfilled the conditions attached to their permanent resident status."

SCCA,

"3. (1) Paragraphs 5(1)(c) to (e) of the Act are replaced by the following:
(c) is a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, has, subject to the regulations, no unfulfilled conditions under that Act relating to his or her status as a permanent resident and has, since becoming a permanent resident,..."

That CIC didn't do the 'Immigration Clearance' until prior to the oath is just farcical but it ties in with the press release above. You may be the first victim of this which isn't what you want to hear but it seems you have fulfilled your conditions. Did CIC never interview you after 3 years of admission as a PR to verify you meeting the conditions of visa issuance? The issue here is how long this will delay your file. It may be prudent for Investor Class PRs applying for citizenship to submit documentary proof of meeting their conditions in their citizenship application pack.

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
What would be the outcome of something like this if the following situation applies:

1- Father applied for immigration under the entrepreneur class, and conditions were imposed on him and dependents.
2- whole family landed in 2007
3- father and mother left Canada in 2008 because of mother's health and psychological comfort of being in home country for treatment
4- children (self) continued to reside in Canada
5- father, therefore, failed to establish business in canada
6- No official from CIC came forward to request interview
7- child (self) applied to sponsor wife inland in 2012
8- a residency determination was issued, as I stayed outside of Canada for a long period between 2007 and 2012.
9- residency determination was successful, and CIC did not mention anything about business condition not being fulfilled
10- I applied for PR card renewal, and card was subsequently renewed without condition of business being brought up
11- it has been 8 years since becoming a PR, and I had totally forgot about this condition, as no one has ever mentioned it. Father doesn't care about coming back anymore, and he doesn't even recall much about the condition.
12- shouldn't the condition automatically become null and void after the three years which a CIC officer was supposed to contact us and "determine" if the condition was satisfied, and revoke status at that time?
13- Now, we are settled in Canada, have a house here, have been working here, have our children here, and we totally forgot about this condition. Shouldn't it be automatically be waived at this point, since no one from CIC bothered about it, and PR card and sponsorship applications went through without issues?
14- I even applied for citizenship and application was received on May 4th. Is there a possibility that application will be processed under old rules when it comes to satisfying PR conditions?

tbhutani

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2013
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21, 2013
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 09, 2013
Msafiri said:

"Under the new changes, permanent residents with unfulfilled conditions attached to their permanent resident status will not be eligible for citizenship. Previously, there were no provisions in the Citizenship Act preventing conditional permanent residents from obtaining citizenship if they otherwise met the requirements. This posed the risk that a conditional permanent resident could acquire citizenship even though they had not fulfilled the conditions attached to their permanent resident status."

SCCA,

(c) is a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, has, subject to the regulations, no unfulfilled conditions under that Act relating to his or her status as a permanent resident and has, since becoming a permanent resident,..."

That CIC didn't do the 'Immigration Clearance' until prior to the oath is just farcical but it ties in with the press release above. You may be the first victim of this which isn't what you want to hear but it seems you have fulfilled your conditions. Did CIC never interview you after 3 years of admission as a PR to verify you meeting the conditions of visa issuance? The issue here is how long this will delay your file. It may be prudent for Investor Class PRs applying for citizenship to submit documentary proof of meeting their conditions in their citizenship application pack.
I got a call this morning at 7:30am from the same lady who called yesterday and she asked me to send some of my business documents as proof that I have removed the conditions since she still hasn't received a clearance from Immigration Dept. She asked me to mail those documents but I asked her if I can drop them off in person at Edmonton CIC Office... she agreed and I dropped off the docs at 10:30am. She called me again at noon to check if I can still make it to the Oath ceremony at 1:30pm in downtown edmonton and I said OF COURSE... and thanked her numerous times for being so quick and not delaying my file further... I went this afternoon for the Oath and now its all done... so happy to have completed the process.... wishing everyone all the very best with their applications.... this feeling is worth all the wait ;) :) :) :) :) :)

Took me 1 year and 1 month to get my citizenship certificate ...

signing off.... tc :)

tbhutani

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2013
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21, 2013
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 09, 2013
Msafiri said:

SCCA,

noone from CIC ever contacted me to check if the conditions have been fulfilled... guess you are right... should have submitted docs with my application pack.. but luckily the lady who was working on my file in the edmonton office was really sweet and prompt... she called me within couple of hours to say I have checked your papers and you are good to go so be there at the oath ceremony in next 1 hour... i am so so happy now... ;) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) :) :)

tbhutani

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2013
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21, 2013
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 09, 2013
hkalltheway said:
What would be the outcome of something like this if the following situation applies:

1- Father applied for immigration under the entrepreneur class, and conditions were imposed on him and dependents.
2- whole family landed in 2007
3- father and mother left Canada in 2008 because of mother's health and psychological comfort of being in home country for treatment
4- children (self) continued to reside in Canada
5- father, therefore, failed to establish business in canada
6- No official from CIC came forward to request interview
7- child (self) applied to sponsor wife inland in 2012
8- a residency determination was issued, as I stayed outside of Canada for a long period between 2007 and 2012.
9- residency determination was successful, and CIC did not mention anything about business condition not being fulfilled
10- I applied for PR card renewal, and card was subsequently renewed without condition of business being brought up
11- it has been 8 years since becoming a PR, and I had totally forgot about this condition, as no one has ever mentioned it. Father doesn't care about coming back anymore, and he doesn't even recall much about the condition.
12- shouldn't the condition automatically become null and void after the three years which a CIC officer was supposed to contact us and "determine" if the condition was satisfied, and revoke status at that time?
13- Now, we are settled in Canada, have a house here, have been working here, have our children here, and we totally forgot about this condition. Shouldn't it be automatically be waived at this point, since no one from CIC bothered about it, and PR card and sponsorship applications went through without issues?
14- I even applied for citizenship and application was received on May 4th. Is there a possibility that application will be processed under old rules when it comes to satisfying PR conditions?
Hey... your case is kind of similar to mine... my dad applied for immigration under the same class ... and luckily for me he did set up a business here... which meant we had fulfilled all the conditions... I asked the same question to the citizenship offer that it was my dad who had to fulfill the conditions and I was a dependent on his applicant.. but she said since you were in the application too ... the condition is on you as well .... so i m not sure how things will go in your case... its best to just wait and see what happens.. if they do come back and ask you on this condition... just explain them the whole situation...

I was surprised too that nobody ever from immigration got back to us to check if the condition have been met..until this monday when this wonderful lady called me to submit docs to prove that we do own a business in alberta...

wish you all the very best and hopefully everything will go fine with your application :) tc

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Congratulations.

Happened in a rush, so perhaps not as easy to enjoy as you would have liked, but now you can celebrate and enjoy.

This is probably a transitional issue, given the changes implemented by the SCCA. This is something which will likely be addressed by or attendant the test interview for older applications (for applicants who have not already passed that stage), and going forward assessed as part of the GCMS screening which is a standard clearance for all incoming applications.

Similar phenomena regarding prohibitions is a possible snag for those with older applications and approaching the oath and who attended the test before July, given that the scope and extent of what constitutes a prohibition increased (as of June 11), going back a year earlier relative to criminal charges and convictions, and expanding to charges and convictions abroad.

Both the satisfaction of PR condition and clearance for expanded prohibitions will continue to arise for older applications (pre-June 11 applications) as these applicants approach the test-interview stage, until all pre-June 11 applications are fully processed. But we should be nearing the end of the transition in which the snag interferes with the scheduling of the oath.

AFS_1

Jun 4, 2019
My oath invitation came around mid of March 2019, for April 09 2019. But i got call from IRCC on 5th April that there is an error from their end on my file and said they rescheduled my oath, no need to come for scheduled date.
Then enquired for my rescheduled invitation around May 21, 2019. They gave feed back that they are going through verification of my eligibility of Citizenship.
Over here i need to mention that on Feb 20th 2019, my test is passed and gave interview.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My oath invitation came around mid of March 2019, for April 09 2019. But i got call from IRCC on 5th April that there is an error from their end on my file and said they rescheduled my oath, no need to come for scheduled date.
Then enquired for my rescheduled invitation around May 21, 2019. They gave feed back that they are going through verification of my eligibility of Citizenship.
Over here i need to mention that on Feb 20th 2019, my test is passed and gave interview.
Wow! I'd always thought the moment you were given a Oath date your process is completed??? What of if the Oath day had been the 2nd day like some applicants at Scarborough? Would they have canceled the citizenship for any error?

I can only encourage you to keep holding on and continue to contact them, it's really not fair to be taken through this when you only think you have few days to taking the Oath.

You'll hear the good news soon, keep holding on