+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Ceremony for Group Application - Citizenship

Sep 27, 2023
Hello,

I and my husband applied Canadian citizenship as a family/group in May 2023 using the online process. So far, we both received all updates during the same dates mostly.

Background verification 'Completed' - June 26, 2023
Citizenship Test 'In Progress' - Aug 18, 2023
Citizenship Test 'Completed' - Sep 11, 2023
Other checks 'Completed' - Sep 12 (Husband) and 13 (Me) 2023

I have received Oath Ceremony update to 'In progress' on Sep 26, 2023 and scheduled on Oct 18, 2023. My husband hasn't gotten any updates about the oath ceremony.

From what I read so far, family/group applications get oath ceremony dates on the same day.

Is this unusual? I would love to hear you thoughts. TIA!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

I and my husband applied Canadian citizenship as a family/group in May 2023 using the online process. So far, we both received all updates during the same dates mostly.

Background verification 'Completed' - June 26, 2023
Citizenship Test 'In Progress' - Aug 18, 2023
Citizenship Test 'Completed' - Sep 11, 2023
Other checks 'Completed' - Sep 12 (Husband) and 13 (Me) 2023

I have received Oath Ceremony update to 'In progress' on Sep 26, 2023 and scheduled on Oct 18, 2023. My husband hasn't gotten any updates about the oath ceremony.

From what I read so far, family/group applications get oath ceremony dates on the same day.

Is this unusual? I would love to hear you thoughts. TIA!
Its unusual but seems to be happening these days. Even kids are being separated out and not getting oath. You can call IRCC and check for your husband, maybe he is scheduled but just the tracker is not showing it.

MJ10

Apr 5, 2018
Hi. Did your husband received the email? If not, did he attended the online Oath taking with you at the same time? Me and my husband has the same situation right now. On our online tracker it says that we are going to take oath tomorrow but he hasn't receive the email for notice to appera - ceremony. I did received it last week. We can't get hold of IRCC via phone.

Reactions: Stika
Mar 13, 2023
Hi. Did your husband received the email? If not, did he attended the online Oath taking with you at the same time? Me and my husband has the same situation right now. On our online tracker it says that we are going to take oath tomorrow but he hasn't receive the email for notice to appera - ceremony. I did received it last week. We can't get hold of IRCC via phone.
Hey MJ10 - FWIW my wife and I are in this situation right now too, she has just received her invitation while my application is still in process, despite being 14.5 months since we started the process (I know it can take longer than the stated 15 month period). We applied using a group/family application following IRCC's instructions so that we could take our Oaths together, so gutted that won't happen now as we don't want my wife to lose the slot she has been given!

Anyway, I have managed to get through to IRCC on +1 888 242 2100 then 1 (to provide UCI) - then 1 to confirm - long intro re diff crisis response options / 1 (FOR ALL ASSOCIATED OPTIONS) / 1 (FOR STATUS UPDATE) / 4 (FOR CITIZENSHIP) / 1 (APPLIED FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP) / 1 (TO VERIFY STATUS - once you get here it's pot luck whether you get transferred or they give you the "too busy" message and disconnect you - I have got through late morning PST almost every time.

Hope you get through and let us know if you find any solutions!

Mar 13, 2023
Its unusual but seems to be happening these days. Even kids are being separated out and not getting oath. You can call IRCC and check for your husband, maybe he is scheduled but just the tracker is not showing it.
Hey forw.jane - what happened with you guys on this in the end? We're in an almost identical situation now.