+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Ceremony experiences?

exkillaz

May 31, 2019
Hi Everyone!

A relative of mine was granted citizenship under the 55 year old and above circumstance which enabled them to bypass the knowledge test.

English is not their first language and struggle quite a bit.

I'm worried about their ability to repeat the oath in front of the presiding official and the CIC staff who go down the aisles and monitor people?

How serious is it? I know one should know either of our official languages, but please forego the criticism.

If anyone can share their experiences regarding this aspect it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi Everyone!

A relative of mine was granted citizenship under the 55 year old and above circumstance which enabled them to bypass the knowledge test.

English is not their first language and struggle quite a bit.

I'm worried about their ability to repeat the oath in front of the presiding official and the CIC staff who go down the aisles and monitor people?

How serious is it? I know one should know either of our official languages, but please forego the criticism.

If anyone can share their experiences regarding this aspect it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
They do watch closely

sonico

Apr 9, 2014
They do watch closely
They watch you move your lips and nothing else. No need to be able to speak the language at all. The oath is done both in French and English. I'm pretty sure most of the people don't know both and it is still not problem at all.