+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Ceremony- COVID-19

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Guys, Just a quick update. Had my virtual citizenship today through zoom. Super easy, only half an hour duration. They will make sure the address, will check the PR card and another photo ID. They will describe the process (total of 4 officials including clerk, judge, and 2 more persons including a person who knows how to operate the zoom. You can take photos and videos. You have to recite the oath and in the end, just sign the oath form and scan it back to them. You also have to cut the PR card into pieces in front of the camera. The certificate will be mailed in 2 weeks. My journey to citizenship ends here. Good luck to everybody who is in line. Seems like this provision at this point is only available to people who have already passed the test.
Thanks for sharing and congratulations. Did you receive the Zoom link via email and did your ecas status change to reflect oath invitation?

a-memon

May 25, 2015
Guys, Just a quick update. Had my virtual citizenship today through zoom. Super easy, only half an hour duration. They will make sure the address, will check the PR card and another photo ID. They will describe the process (total of 4 officials including clerk, judge, and 2 more persons including a person who knows how to operate the zoom. You can take photos and videos. You have to recite the oath and in the end, just sign the oath form and scan it back to them. You also have to cut the PR card into pieces in front of the camera. The certificate will be mailed in 2 weeks. My journey to citizenship ends here. Good luck to everybody who is in line. Seems like this provision at this point is only available to people who have already passed the test.
Thank you for the update. this is helpful. I have my virtual oath scheduled on the June 11th. Did your status change after you received the phone call or any email? I haven't received any email yet. Are they gonna email a link to join the Zoom meeting? Just wondering how it works

a-memon

May 25, 2015
And many many congratulations! Must be a relief :)

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Hi All,
Yes I got an email the 24 hours after I got a status update in eCas. The email contains zoom link. I am a 2019 July Applicant.

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Hi All,
Yes I got an email the 24 hours after I got a status update in eCas. The email contains zoom link. I am a 2019 July Applicant.
That's good to know. I guess anyone that misses the call will still get an email notification and status update on ecas. Thanks for sharing.

F_M

Jun 6, 2020
Any idea whether they are doing the security checks? I did my test and interview on Nov, 29 2019 and was informed that i did not pass security check so I emailed them on April 1 and got the same answer. Any advice of what to do to keep things moving?

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
Quebec and BC still behind, no update

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

LETS MOVE BC!!!!!

1, I think that the virtual ceremonies are going to be very few and far between. For the above report, it took 1/2 hour with 4 CIC employees involved. Since there were 249,000 citizenship grants in 2019, and probably the same number in 2020, if you do the math, it would take forever to clear very many of the those cases.

Reactions: rubz9911

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would they still require you to attend an in-person oath ceremony as well once the covid-19 restrictions are lifted? I know in the case of the scientists who had the remote ceremony months ago they said he'd still need to do the in-person one later.