+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony- CITIZENSHIP

divyalaxmi

Jun 4, 2020
Hello All,
I had cleared my citizenship test on the 4th of May,2021 and by August 5th,2021 all the details on application status is showing as completed. I have been waiting to have my oath ceremony started but have heard nothing yet. Also my PR card has expired so i am not sure what should i do. Should I reapply for my PR card or wait for my citizenship ceremony and then apply for Canadian passport.
Has anyone else also been waiting to hear from IRCC regarding the oath ceremony and its been more then 3 months since they have cleared the exam. Please help me understand what to expect and what to do??

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Go to the Citizenship section of this forum. As you will see, many many people are waiting for their oaths like you, some longer than 3 months.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/citizenship.12/

Applying for a new PR card (non-urgent) takes about 3-4 months. It depends on whether you have some foreseeable travel plans or you need it as an Uber/Lyft/etc. driver or for school/student loans for proof of status. If none of these apply to you, you might consider not applying for a new PR card. It is not required to keep valid PR status.

Reactions: divyalaxmi

divyalaxmi

Jun 4, 2020
Go to the Citizenship section of this forum. As you will see, many many people are waiting for their oaths like you, some longer than 3 months.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/citizenship.12/

Applying for a new PR card (non-urgent) takes about 3-4 months. It depends on whether you have some foreseeable travel plans or you need it as an Uber/Lyft/etc. driver or for school/student loans for proof of status. If none of these apply to you, you might consider not applying for a new PR card. It is not required to keep valid PR status.
Thank you for clarifying that. gives me hope.

Seravi

Jan 5, 2017
Hi, I also completed my test in August 2021. Haven't heard anything yet. Did you hear anything from cic?

divyalaxmi

Jun 4, 2020
Hi, I also completed my test in August 2021. Haven't heard anything yet. Did you hear anything from cic?
yes dear. i got my citizenship and also had my oath ceremony first week of November. Applied for my citizenship passport and received it by last week of November 2021.