+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony before Oath status change ??? what is right sequence of event??

Hards_100

Dec 1, 2014
Mumbai
Hi My time lines as Below. There was a new update today. Which is dated 6th Jan 2023 and mentions " Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on January 6, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation."

and the 2nd update was "Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress." dated 25th Jan 2023.

I never received any email or anything prior about when, where and how to attend for oath on 6th Jan 2023,in fact i did receive a new physical presence calculator request on12th Jan 2023 to which i did reply back. but all the other updates came in today. I have no clue what to do and what it the correct sequence of events?

Anyone here can pls guide / help about what steps should i take?

Application history
  • Jan 25, 2023

Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
    Citizenship ceremony
    Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.
  • Jan 19, 2023

Activity status updated: Physical presence
    Physical presence
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jan 11, 2023

Additional information required
    We sent you a letter or email asking for some additional information. Send us the information as soon as possible if you haven’t done so already.
  • Jan 6, 2023

Scheduled for Citizenship oath
    Citizenship ceremony
    Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on January 6, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.
  • Dec 15, 2022

Activity status updated: Language skills
    Language skills
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.

wink

May 25, 2021
" Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on January 6, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation."
Are sure, it is not February 6, 2023? If it says January 6, 2023, I think it is a typo.

wink

May 25, 2021
I just copy pasted the text.. it surely is not Feb 6 and its Jan 6
Your application history does not look usual.. probably they messed up something....

At the top of your status tracker what it says? It might looks something like this:

-----------------
Your next steps (1)

Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony

Waiting on you

You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on xxxxxx, 2023.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present

---------------

what date it says?

Hards_100

Dec 1, 2014
Mumbai
Your application history does not look usual.. probably they messed up something....

At the top of your status tracker what it says? It might looks something like this:

-----------------
Your next steps (1)

Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony

Waiting on you

You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on xxxxxx, 2023.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present

---------------

what date it says?
No nothing like this.

At the top its still saying this

Your next steps (1)

Send us additional information
Waiting on you
You need to submit additional information.
  • We sent you a letter or email asking for additional information.
  • Follow the letter or email’s instructions to continue with your application.

Although i have shared wht they were asking for and as a matter of fact in the tracker below its been marked as complete also. Its the "Physical Presence piece "they wanted new physical presence calculator filled.

Dont know what the issue is

wink

May 25, 2021
No nothing like this.

At the top its still saying this

Your next steps (1)

Send us additional information
Waiting on you
You need to submit additional information.
  • We sent you a letter or email asking for additional information.
  • Follow the letter or email’s instructions to continue with your application.

Although i have shared wht they were asking for and as a matter of fact in the tracker below its been marked as complete also. Its the "Physical Presence piece "they wanted new physical presence calculator filled.

Dont know what the issue is
Hmmm... sorry, looks like only IRCC can answer your question. I think you may have to email or call them...

ujk4444

Apr 6, 2024
What is the number that we can call IRCC? My citizenship ceremony just turned to in progress

Apr 30, 2024
Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 30, 2024. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

I never received any email.How do I call IRCC to enquire about that pls?