+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony and travel out of the country

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
abdul560 said:
i know but i have plans and arrangements and can't delay my travel even for couple days to get the passport .
thanks for your response though :)
If you cannot delay your travel plans then why are you even asking this question? The solution is simple: delay your oath.

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nb8285 said:
If you cannot delay your travel plans then why are you even asking this question? The solution is simple: delay your oath.

Alright Mr.Smart if you have read all the posts you would have known that one of the people who responded to me had pointed something out that i have totally forgotten and that is the fact that P.R card is being taken at the oath .does this make any sense to you at all ;)?

whiz

Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abdul560 said:
Alright guys the senario i was trying to escape from is hapenning now :mad:.
my flight is booked for October 19th ,i called cic call center today to let them know that i can not attend ceremony after 19th October and guess what the agent told me that an invitation has been mailed to me today for an oath ceremony being scheduled for October 20th. ???
I am at acrossroads now and i dunno what is the best thing to do wheather to change date travel and pay 400$ penalty or go head and send cic a letter explaining reason why i cannot attend the ceremony .
please help with your valuable advices.
It is astonishing you are complaining about getting your oath ceremony letter, even if it overlaps with your planned trip. Hundreds, if not thousands of people are anxiously waiting for that moment. Better be grateful, eh?

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
whiz said:
It is astonishing you are complaining about getting your oath ceremony letter, even if it overlaps with your planned trip. Hundreds, if not thousands of people are anxiously waiting for that moment. Better be grateful, eh?
I agree if I were you I would finish the oath and get a passport and travel after .

Sirine

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whiz said:
thanks for your response ,you cannot give judgments according to what you think might be good for you and you are not even affected by the situation i am going through which i am not obliged to tell you about .
thanks again and have a good day

gjp

Star Member
Feb 15, 2008
I was scheduled to travel out of the country right after the day of the test. During the interview after test, the officer told me that I should come for oath the week after. I told the officer that I will not be in the Canada till dd/mm/yy as I was going to visit my parents. The officer made a note of the date and told me that they will send me a letter for oath after I return back to Canada and they did.
So, I guess you can do the same and postpone the oath.

annoying001

Jun 21, 2015
personally I don't recommend you to inform CIC about your travel plan because it may somehow delay your application processing time. My suggestion is just go and keep checking your ECAS (which was I did, but I received my oath letter 2 weeks later when I got back to Canada). There is always a time window between 2-4 weeks when your application status changes. Your would want to call CIC to reschedule your appointment after it if you really cannot make it back to Canada, instead of postponing everything before your travel.

note: it may also depends where you are taking the test and interview. I heard many people got oath confirmation right after the interview in eastern provinces, but it's not gonna happen in place like Vancouver (normally it takes 3-6 months to receive oath notice).