+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremonies on Thursday 20th with strike news

Bufares

Nov 9, 2022
Unfortunately my wife and my friend got the ceremony cancellation email 3 hours ago.
My wife was under urgent processing category.
Im not able to apply for a passport and I got an opportunity to work in a really good company in Dubai, which Im certain i will lose it if I didn’t finalize these issues before June.

vhidatski

Apr 25, 2023
Did you receive the confirmation email before receiving the cancellation one?
My ceremony is supposedly scheduled for the 27th but so far I haven't gotten either one of the emails.
Did you receive any invite details? Scheduled tomorrow April 26, no ceremony invite email yet.

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Where I can find the email ?
Each office has a different email address so you should figure out which one is processing your application.
Finding the email address shouldn’t be too hard. Just browse through some of the threads in this forum and you should be able to find it.

askmelater

Apr 25, 2023
Each office has a different email address so you should figure out which one is processing your application.
Finding the email address shouldn’t be too hard. Just browse through some of the threads in this forum and you should be able to find it.
How I can understand with office is taking care of my application?

Trailblazer89

Feb 17, 2019
I emailed IRCC this morning and asked about my ceremony on the 27th, they said as of now it's not cancelled and it could potentially happen if the strike is settled.
I'm worried I'll end up flying to Toronto and my oath will be cancelled at the last minute :(
Hi F
I emailed IRCC this morning and asked about my ceremony on the 27th, they said as of now it's not cancelled and it could potentially happen if the strike is settled.
I'm worried I'll end up flying to Toronto and my oath will be cancelled at the last minute :(
Which is your office? Mine got cancelled on the 21st but didn't even receive a cancellation email or a response as to what the reason for the cancellation.

Trailblazer89

Feb 17, 2019
Mine is Scarborough. Haven’t received anything from them yet either. Which is your office?
Oh okay. Mine is Mississauga, but there has been radio silence from them. I noticed how some people wrote to theur offices before/after the cancellations and were able to get immediate responses. In my case I have tried repeatedly to contact my office but to no avail

SamCCC

Apr 20, 2023
Now that the strike has ended, and jeopardized all the plans and everything, and that I am back to the US after 1 week of keeping my hopes high.. I expect (which is BS) for IRCC to be fair and hold the oath ceremonies at Canadian Consulates across the globe : Example : I travelled from the state side last week and get an email less than 24 hrs about the cancellation. It is injustice and unfair. Anyone received their rescheduled invite?

• Haha
Reactions: oboyzee

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Now that the strike has ended, and jeopardized all the plans and everything, and that I am back to the US after 1 week of keeping my hopes high.. I expect (which is BS) for IRCC to be fair and hold the oath ceremonies at Canadian Consulates across the globe : Example : I travelled from the state side last week and get an email less than 24 hrs about the cancellation. It is injustice and unfair. Anyone received their rescheduled invite?
The words "IRCC" and "fair" in the same sentence do not exist :D
I wouldn't get my hopes up on even thinking that people with cancelled ceremonies will be prioritized at this point...

Reactions: oboyzee