+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremonies on Thursday 20th with strike news

jayantimishra

Aug 25, 2018
No, it’s virtual, my processing office is Ottawa but the Niagara Falls office is coordinating this ceremony for us.

Not sure whether it’s going to happen, I am travelling from US for this ceremony on Monday morning .
Hey hi, so your oath ceremony is going to take place or did it get cancelled? We are also in the same boat - need to travel from US for the oath but have not received any official invite yet. Have the oath ceremony on 28th april.

SamCCC

Apr 20, 2023
Yes, I got the cancellation email as well for tomorrow. Really dissapointed. Any thoughts on what happens next or endless wait ?
Am so sorry - we have reached Calgary. Nothing yet. I won’t be surprised if it gets canceled 15 min before :( beyond frustrated

SamCCC

Apr 20, 2023
Just got an email about event cancellation for the 25th. How frustrating and incompetent. It’s even more difficult Cz after all the pains we took to come to Calgary from the state side, the event is cancelled and will be rescheduled asap? I highly doubt asap part. The time, money, unpaid vacation leave (1 week) taken has gone waste. I doubt if public will remain silent after this.

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hey hi, so your oath ceremony is going to take place or did it get cancelled? We are also in the same boat - need to travel from US for the oath but have not received any official invite yet. Have the oath ceremony on 28th april.
@jayantimishra - mine got cancelled, got an email today morning around 8 am EST. I also noticed that the events scheduled for 26th also getting cancelled.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/possible-strike-action-by-ircc-employees-starting-mid-april.794007/post-10441668

if you have refundable tickets, better you wait till 27th. just a thought.

oboyzee

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
Just got an email about event cancellation for the 25th. How frustrating and incompetent. It’s even more difficult Cz after all the pains we took to come to Calgary from the state side, the event is cancelled and will be rescheduled asap? I highly doubt asap part. The time, money, unpaid vacation leave (1 week) taken has gone waste. I doubt if public will remain silent after this.
I told you they were on strike, sorry about that.

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Sorry to hear that, even my non refundable tickets are the loss to me.

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
I emailed IRCC this morning and asked about my ceremony on the 27th, they said as of now it's not cancelled and it could potentially happen if the strike is settled.
I'm worried I'll end up flying to Toronto and my oath will be cancelled at the last minute :(

• Sad
Reactions: Alsalma

jayantimishra

Aug 25, 2018
I emailed IRCC this morning and asked about my ceremony on the 27th, they said as of now it's not cancelled and it could potentially happen if the strike is settled.
I'm worried I'll end up flying to Toronto and my oath will be cancelled at the last minute :(
Hi , we are scheduled for the 28th , kindly keep us posted and let us know what happened to your case since you are only 1 day earlier than us.

Reactions: felipeoxavier

kemilembe

May 28, 2019
Hello!
I was supposed to have my oath on 26th April at 1015 Niagara office. I got a cancelation email today 24th at 215pm. Am so sad. I have pending travel plans in Mid May and wondering what to do..!? Niagara office wasn't very accommodating with rescheduling the ceremony .