+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremonies on Thursday 20th with strike news

segunalad

Apr 20, 2023
No, it’s virtual, my processing office is Ottawa but the Niagara Falls office is coordinating this ceremony for us.

Not sure whether it’s going to happen, I am travelling from US for this ceremony on Monday morning .
Same here too mine is 25th April by 8:15am and I am in Ottawa.

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Yes, I'm afraid they may not even bother sending me a cancellation email since there was no confirmation in the first place lol
From what I recall reading somewhere on here, an IRCC agent said that the oath schedule date is only “official” once they send you the email invitation. So I would assume only people who got the invitation would get the cancelation notice.

Gucheelady

Mar 30, 2018
Yes, I'm afraid they may not even bother sending me a cancellation email since there was no confirmation in the first place lol
And if you didn’t have the official confirmation, that means you wouldn’t be able to connect to zoom meeting anyway, so there’s nothing to cancel for you.

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
From what I recall reading somewhere on here, an IRCC agent said that the oath schedule date is only “official” once they send you the email invitation. So I would assume only people who got the invitation would get the cancelation notice.
Yes, I think I've read this somewhere as well.

And if you didn’t have the official confirmation, that means you wouldn’t be able to connect to zoom meeting anyway, so there’s nothing to cancel for you.
I don't know if there is still a chance they will send this email at a later time.
Have you guys seen any cases where the email comes through only 3-4 prior to the ceremony?

Gucheelady

Mar 30, 2018
Yes, I think I've read this somewhere as well.

I don't know if there is still a chance they will send this email at a later time.
Have you guys seen any cases where the email comes through only 3-4 prior to the ceremony?
There were cases like this during “normal days”. But these days it all depends on when they will come to a resolution, and go back to normal days.

Trailblazer89

Feb 17, 2019
yes, mine was today Apr 21 at 1 pm EST and it didn’t happen.I was unaware of this strike situation and sadly I’ve not even got any prior cancellation notice from Missisauga office. I’ve emailed them after waiting for almost 30 mins for the zoom ceremony to start.
The exact same thing happened to me on April 21, 2023 as well! I took a day off work at an extremely busy time and for nothing. My boss already hates me for it. Anyway, can you please update us all here if something moves? I'll do the same

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
The exact same thing happened to me on April 21, 2023 as well! I took a day off work at an extremely busy time and for nothing. My boss already hates me for it. Anyway, can you please update us all here if something moves? I'll do the same
Canadian employers should support the cherished occassion of citizenary and present you with a flag. That's how Canadians like to think of themselves about it anyway. The reality is different.

• Haha
Reactions: oboyzee

SamCCC

Apr 20, 2023
No, it’s virtual, my processing office is Ottawa but the Niagara Falls office is coordinating this ceremony for us.

Not sure whether it’s going to happen, I am travelling from US for this ceremony on Monday morning .
Same here, we are going to Calgary from stateside and ceremony is on 25th

oboyzee

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
No I have mine on the 25th. Nothing yet, CIC Calgary office. We are traveling to canada from state side today
I think you should email your agent and know what the say before traveling, I have a friend who's ceremony was canceled for 25th. Seems the strike isn't gonna be called off sooner.

SamCCC

Apr 20, 2023
I think you should email your agent and know what the say before traveling, I have a friend who's ceremony was canceled for 25th. Seems the strike isn't gonna be called off sooner.
We are going ahead with our plans cz 90% of our bookings, flight, air bnb, car rental is refundable, worst case will apply for PR renewal. God knows when that will be processed.

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
My tracker shows my ceremony is on the 27th of this month, but I haven't received my confirmation email.
I'm also overseas and would be flying into Canada on the 26th for my oath. Not sure what to do now.
Do you guys know which email address I can use to contact them?
I've been told to reply to my confirmation email and ask, however I never received it so not sure who to send my inquiry to :confused:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My tracker shows my ceremony is on the 27th of this month, but I haven't received my confirmation email.
I'm also overseas and would be flying into Canada on the 26th for my oath. Not sure what to do now.
Do you guys know which email address I can use to contact them?
I've been told to reply to my confirmation email and ask, however I never received it so not sure who to send my inquiry to :confused:
You should be able to find the oath email address based on your processing office if you know it, on this forum.

Reactions: felipeoxavier