+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremonies at Scarborough office

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Up to this moment, there are 27 ceremonies programmed at the Scarborough office between January 6 and January 17. It would be nice to know how many of us received an invitation for these ceremonies and the timelines.
Thank you and good luck to us all.

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just checked my ecas and this is what I found:
We sent you a notice on January 2, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 17, 2014 at 10:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
I'm sooooo happy! The wait it's over! :D

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats waitingforcic on your oath ceremony req.!

randy

Posted on: January 05, 2014, 10:56:04 amPosted by:
waitingforcic said:
I just checked my ecas and this is what I found:
We sent you a notice on January 2, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 17, 2014 at 10:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
I'm sooooo happy! The wait it's over! :D

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
I did my re-test on 9th of Oct 2013 in Scarborogh and waiting for the oath.

Is there someone who took the test at the same time and got letter for ceremony? I passed the test on 100%. After the test the officer was telling us how many answers are true. She also mentioned that we are going to be citizens within 2 months, however I am waiting already almost 3 months. i call today in CIC,they said in process.My PR cart expired today.

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you guys! I'm sure your processes will be done very soon. Wish all the best.

deen1981

May 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is for my wife:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 27, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on February, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on March , 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April, 2015. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Still waiting for the oath invite.

My timeline was along the following lines: Mississauga, Glenn Erin

Applied Nov 2013
Received sent letter Jan. 2014
Sent to Local Office: May 2014
Asked to come in for interview/test: Sept 2014
Passed the test 20/20 and interview was OK - given oath letter for week after, citizen Sept 2014

We applied for her a year later as she had been out of the country 6 times and each time was a month to two every time, I went out 4 times on business and were short trips, up to 2-3 weeks max. She was well over the 1095 days and we submitted all the documents + RQ letter + all evidences along with it from the start with the initial application for both of us. I think this may have saved us some time in CIC not coming back to us asking for more dox/proofs.

Hope this helps.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations deen1981.......

deen1981 said:
This is for my wife:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 27, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on February, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on March , 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April, 2015. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Still waiting for the oath invite.

My timeline was along the following lines: Mississauga, Glenn Erin

Applied Nov 2013
Received sent letter Jan. 2014
Sent to Local Office: May 2014
Asked to come in for interview/test: Sept 2014
Passed the test 20/20 and interview was OK - given oath letter for week after, citizen Sept 2014

We applied for her a year later as she had been out of the country 6 times and each time was a month to two every time, I went out 4 times on business and were short trips, up to 2-3 weeks max. She was well over the 1095 days and we submitted all the documents + RQ letter + all evidences along with it from the start with the initial application for both of us. I think this may have saved us some time in CIC not coming back to us asking for more dox/proofs.

Hope this helps.