+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NYC VAC may have lost my passport - help!

stillwaiting2

Jul 28, 2014
After much frustration (that's a story for another time) I withdrew my application last week. The VAC tells me that they sent my passport back to me on 07/24/2014, but the tracking number they gave me does not match the return label I sent them and Fedex has no record of either tracking number being used.

I'm not sure who to contact or what to do! The people at the phone number provided - (646) 741-0130 - told me they were a Call Center and could not give me any more information.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? HELP!

spuri

Aug 20, 2014
OMG, that sounds terrible! was it sorted out? I am also to send in my passport but now I am considering going to VAC myself.

colin1017

Sep 2, 2014
That's terrible. I am considering withdraw my application as well.

And Spuri, when did you submit your application to VAC? I am wondering if I can get my passport with a visa stamp back before 9/30/2014 (I submitted my application 7/30/2014 to VAC).

spuri

Aug 20, 2014
I submitted all the required documents with passport on 26th August, that is they received it on 26th. But they now say that they don't have the return envelope and the vac fee. I had sent both of those and it is weird since they were in the same envelope as the passport. I had sent the xerox of the cashier's check which I had sent to the lockbox in Philadelphia. I sent them another return envelope and a copy of the receipt from the bank and a usps delivery verification to the address in Philadelphia. This was delivered to them on August 29th. But there are still no updates. They don't even reply to emails and the call center people don't have any idea of what is happening. I am going to wait another day and if nothing happens I will probably go to NY. Its absolutely ridiculous.

colin1017

Sep 2, 2014
Hi Spuri, I submitted my application with my passport to VAC on 7/20. Then they said I need to submit the right amount of the fee (I think I was probably wrong with the fee since I am applying for the visa for my wife and the work permit for myself) after a week. So I submitted on 7/30 (they received on 7/30). I checked the status through VAC website noting "received and under consideration". It has been over a month. I really hope I can get it before 9/15 but it's still up in the air.

I will say you should give it another day or two to see if VAC will update your status online considering the labor day weekend.

Jun 5, 2014
spuri said:
I submitted all the required documents with passport on 26th August, that is they received it on 26th. But they now say that they don't have the return envelope and the vac fee. I had sent both of those and it is weird since they were in the same envelope as the passport. I had sent the xerox of the cashier's check which I had sent to the lockbox in Philadelphia. I sent them another return envelope and a copy of the receipt from the bank and a usps delivery verification to the address in Philadelphia. This was delivered to them on August 29th. But there are still no updates. They don't even reply to emails and the call center people don't have any idea of what is happening. I am going to wait another day and if nothing happens I will probably go to NY. Its absolutely ridiculous.
same thing happened to me. they denied that they get my envelopes. it was fedex airway bill with envelopes.even denied the reciept i sent for the vac fee. so what i did next is get a return label at the UPS and scan it then attached to my reply email to them.and again the vac fee i paid twice, this time i also took a pic of my money order cheque, reciept and envelope with address of the lockbox in phil. then they finally said my application package is complete.

Vaghasiya

Oct 28, 2017
After much frustration (that's a story for another time) I withdrew my application last week. The VAC tells me that they sent my passport back to me on 07/24/2014, but the tracking number they gave me does not match the return label I sent them and Fedex has no record of either tracking number being used.

I'm not sure who to contact or what to do! The people at the phone number provided - (646) 741-0130 - told me they were a Call Center and could not give me any more information.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? HELP!
Any update? Did you get it?