+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NWT Nominee Program- awareness

livetolove

Sep 11, 2015
Hello everyone,

So many of us are struggling in bigger provinces for nominations and continuously enduring their constant changes in rules and never ending processing times(I am looking at you Alberta) and struggling to complete their lengthy checklists/criteria. Yet I have not seen a single post about Canada's North.

Northwest Territories has one of the best and straightforward Nominee Program with processing time of 6 to 8 weeks only. Yes! You read that right - weeks!!!

Plus guess what it has categories suitable for everybody:

Employer Driven Streams:

Critical Impact Worker - NOC C & D
Skilled Worker - NOC O, A & B
NWT Express Entry - For those who qualify for EE

I would highly encourage everyone to check out options available in NWT. Get your PR while exploring the true beautiful North.

Good Luck!

One of you, with a goal- to call Canada my permanent home

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is because there are few people and jobs in the NWT, the cost of living is very high and the weather is very cold. It's not for everyone. Heck - I was born in Canada and wouldn't consider living there. It's far too remote for me.

livetolove

Sep 11, 2015
scylla said:
This is because there are few people and jobs in the NWT, the cost of living is very high and the weather is very cold. It's not for everyone. Heck - I was born in Canada and wouldn't consider living there. It's far too remote for me.
Agreed! I want to share this as an option for people out there looking to fulfill their Canadian Dream. It is tough but definitely worth two to three years of investment. There are downsides but nothing that can't be fixed and turned into an upside.

Few people = more opportunities
Jobs = there are plenty especially in retail due to high turnover and less skilled work force
Cost of living = bit high for sure but won't make you broke or anything and not something which can't be handled with a full-time job
Weather - definitely very cold for winter - invest in parka and layer up and join winter activities

Nothing that can't be handled with strong determination and will power. At the end of the day it is all about mindset and PR.

SahiSh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Is it mandate to have job offer or without job offer people can apply who are eligible for EE
livetolove said:
Agreed! I want to share this as an option for people out there looking to fulfill their Canadian Dream. It is tough but definitely worth two to three years of investment. There are downsides but nothing that can't be fixed and turned into an upside.

Few people = more opportunities
Jobs = there are plenty especially in retail due to high turnover and less skilled work force
Cost of living = bit high for sure but won't make you broke or anything and not something which can't be handled with a full-time job
Weather - definitely very cold for winter - invest in parka and layer up and join winter activities

Nothing that can't be handled with strong determination and will power. At the end of the day it is all about mindset and PR.

livetolove

Sep 11, 2015
SahiSh said:
Is it mandate to have job offer or without job offer people can apply who are eligible for EE
Job offer is required. You still have to meet all the criteria for nomination but once received can apply directly in EE with 600 additional points.

Steperry

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
livetolove said:
Hello everyone,

So many of us are struggling in bigger provinces for nominations and continuously enduring their constant changes in rules and never ending processing times(I am looking at you Alberta) and struggling to complete their lengthy checklists/criteria. Yet I have not seen a single post about Canada's North.

Northwest Territories has one of the best and straightforward Nominee Program with processing time of 6 to 8 weeks only. Yes! You read that right - weeks!!!

Plus guess what it has categories suitable for everybody:

Employer Driven Streams:

Critical Impact Worker - NOC C & D
Skilled Worker - NOC O, A & B
NWT Express Entry - For those who qualify for EE

I would highly encourage everyone to check out options available in NWT. Get your PR while exploring the true beautiful North.

Good Luck!

One of you, with a goal- to call Canada my permanent home
Thanks, pls give the link to their site.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Steperry said:
Thanks, pls give the link to their site.
http://www.immigratenwt.ca/en/nominee-program

romeoefe

May 20, 2015
scylla said:
http://www.immigratenwt.ca/en/nominee-program
Thanks so much. I have gone through it but it looks like is mostly for people already in Canada and people with employment offer which I have none. If you know of any other way please still share. Thanks a lot .

rahul1404

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
All the programs are Employer Driven, and I do not have a job offer.

Is there any stream without job offer ? or
Any one can help get the job offer in NWT for 2174 - programmer ?

livetolove

Sep 11, 2015
rahul1404 said:
All the programs are Employer Driven, and I do not have a job offer.

Is there any stream without job offer ? or
Any one can help get the job offer in NWT for 2174 - programmer ?
You are right. All categories are Employer-driven.

Outcrop communications in Yellowknife has currently a Web Developer job opening. You can check it out.

Walle123

Sep 26, 2015
Hey livetolove,
are you currently going through this whole process?
It is not that hard to find a Job up there but nobody wants to sponsor me and for EE I need 1 year of work experience in a skilled occupation, right?

hawkeye007

May 9, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have two questions.
First one is that the only requirement seems to be working in NWT for one occupation over 6 months?

Second one is that if what the process after NWT critical impact skilled nomination ? EE or Federal ?

Thanks