+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nurses coming to Nova Scotia

erin22

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Hi everybody,,it's almost winter here in Nova Scotia!

Anyways, I just started this thread to help my dear co-nurses across the world who are coming to Nova Scotia aspiring to become a nurse here, or atleast trying to come here as an immigrant. I am a registered nurse here in Canada and I can help answer your questions or even curiosities. I was once an immigrant and has undergone the necessary process to get my license. Maybe my experiences can help.
You can send me a private message through here. :)

Have a great day :)

Reactions: juxta_rn

Phaphy5

Nov 18, 2015
how long does it take to get a practising license in nova Scotia if you are a diploma certificate holder nurse.
can diploma nurses allowed to practise in nova Scotia?

islanddiva

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2105
Doc's Request.
22-09-2015
Nomination.....
16-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-05-2015
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2016 DM 14-01-2013
erin22 said:

Anyways, I just started this thread to help my dear co-nurses across the world who are coming to Nova Scotia aspiring to become a nurse here, or atleast trying to come here as an immigrant. I am a registered nurse here in Canada and I can help answer your questions or even curiosities. I was once an immigrant and has undergone the necessary process to get my license. Maybe my experiences can help.

Thanks for starting this thread.....looking forward to any info you can provide. Thanks!

alfredlaurio

Dec 3, 2015
Hi, My wife applied as the principal sponsor thru the express entry program, We already submitted letter of intent and the requirements needed for the Nova Scotia nomination program. We are still awaiting for the response or approval.. If i may just ask how can we be picked by employers in the job bank if we are not registered nurses there in canada.. we are from the Philippines by the way.Thanks in advance

juxta_rn

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019

hi hoping to get some insights from you godbless always tnx in advance

Reactions: Maceyhdez

juxta_rn

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
yes im a RN here in my country but not yet in canada (hopefully in the future thou)
how abt u? are you RN and from wat country?
do you have ongoing application in canada?