+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nurse

sadia hanif

Mar 20, 2023
I am a Bsc nursing graduate form Pakistan, interested in working Canada. Kindly guide me about the process ,and possible options .

Reactions: UsamaKK

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a Bsc nursing graduate form Pakistan, interested in working Canada. Kindly guide me about the process ,and possible options .
There are two steps you need to complete:
1. Immigration through Express Entry - You need to be selected based on your age, education, language and work experience. You want a high CRS score.
2. Licensing through NNAS - to work as a nurse your education and experience needs to be assessed through NNAS. Once the assessment is complete, then you need a license to work in the province you are living in. You cannot work as a nurse until you are licensed.

Read through the requirements of both and you can start the process at the same time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Licensing can be a very long and expensive process and some aren’t licensed as RN just as LPNs. There has been a push to make things easier but still not “easy”. Would suggest looking into what will be required to try to get relicensed and the expense to do so. It will vary by province so you will need to contact each province. As long as you can meet a few requirements for immigration like good IELTS score, savings for landing in some programs, etc. immigrating is the easier part of the process. The majority of foreign trained nurses work as PSWs when they come to Canada. Some are able to get licensed as LPNs or RNs. There are not a large amount of nurses from Pakistan arriving so transition may be more difficult partially because education and training is not as well known compared to nurses from the Philippines for example. How long have you worked as an RN? How old are you?