+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nurse wants to join husband but there may be complications! Please help!

Sep 6, 2013
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Lagos
NOC Code......
Spousal Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Hello Forum members,
I want to apply for a spousal (open work permit, OWP) to join my husband in Canada. I am a registered nurse so although I can take up any job in Canada if given an OWP, on the CIC website, it states, "If you plan to seek employment in health services or child care, indicate this clearly on your application so that medical exam instructions will be issued to you." Does this refer to medical exams to determine that I am healthy or licensing exams in Canada before I can practice as a nurse? If I state that I won't work in the health industry in Canada, would the medical tests to determine my health status be waived? I am totally healthy but the last thing I want is to be asked to pass a licensing exam as a nurse before I can go to join my husband because (1) That would take more time and (2) the college of registered nurses in the province where my husband lives requires prospective licensed nurses to be already resident in the province before applying for licensing so I can't even start the process if I wanted to.

All I want is the quickest possible way to join my husband whether I get to work or not.

Should I just say I have no interest in health services and that I will take up a job as a cleaner :D in Canada although I'm trained as a nurse since it would be an OWP?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Medical examination is to check YOUR health to ensure that you are not a danger to vulnerable people.

Sep 6, 2013
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Lagos
NOC Code......
Spousal Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2013
AOR Received.