+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Number of Pictures Needed for PR app

NK

Aug 31, 2007
The document checklist indicates I need 9 identical photos for the permanent resident application.. I also need 5 photos for the medical check. Is it 14 identical photos that I actually need? Or is the 9 photos as listed on the checklist include the medical check photos..

Thanks in advance for the help.

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
NK,

I believe you are sponsoring your wife from within Canada. Also, I remember that you have a daughter who was born in Canada.

I am curious as to what checklist you are looking at. It should be Form IMM 5443 -the Document Checklist – and on it, “the applicant” refers to your wife.

So, under the sub-heading “PHOTOGRAPHS,” where it says, “Two (2) photos of the applicant and any of his or her dependent children in Canada,” means:

Your wife = 2 photos (goes along with completed application package to Vegreville).
Your daughter = 0 photos (Since she is Canadian ).

Since your wife is the applicant, she is the only one that requires the medical exam also; and thus, she needs to take 4 photos with her when going to the DMP (Designated Medical Practitioner). So,

Wife = 4 photos (to take to the DMP)

So, you should need a total of 6 identical photographs of your wife according to the specifications outlined in Appendix: C.

4 of those are for the DMP, and don’t forget to ask the DMP for the receipt of your wife’s exam consultation because you need to make a copy of that to send with your application package to Vegreville.

With regard to your wedding photographs, remember they are not asking for originals, they will accept copies.

NK said:
The document checklist indicates I need 9 identical photos for the permanent resident application.. I also need 5 photos for the medical check. Is it 14 identical photos that I actually need? Or is the 9 photos as listed on the checklist include the medical check photos..

Thanks in advance for the help.

NK

Aug 31, 2007
Thanks again for such a swift reply. I am sponsoring my wife from Japan,, our daughter was also born in Japan,, and her CCC application is about to be submitted.

The document checklist is from The Region Specific (general asia) guide.. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf

Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada.

It indicates that 9 photos are needed.. I need 5 photos for the DMP, I was wondering if those were an additional 5 added to the 9 required in the document checklist.

Thank you for your help and patience

NK

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
Yes, you understood it perfectly; the 5 photos for the DMP is in addition to the 9 photos needed for the PR application.

So, all in all, there should be 14 identical photos of your wife, and they should all be according to the specifications in Appendix C.

Don't forget that your wife should also submit one photo negative of the same photograph - this is a must.

Libra.

NK said:
Thanks again for such a swift reply. I am sponsoring my wife from Japan,, our daughter was also born in Japan,, and her CCC application is about to be submitted.

The document checklist is from The Region Specific (general asia) guide.. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf

Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada.

It indicates that 9 photos are needed.. I need 5 photos for the DMP, I was wondering if those were an additional 5 added to the 9 required in the document checklist.

Thank you for your help and patience

NK