+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Number of day absence !

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Hello everyone,

While filling out the "APPLICATION FOR A PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD" IMM 5444e form for PR Card Renewal; the following question says:

Question 21: TRAVEL HISTORY: Have you travelled or lived outside of Canada in the last five (5) years (or if you became a permanent resident less than five (5) years ago, since becoming a permanent resident)? Include ALL absences (including those due to employment, vacations, trips to the United States and any other time you left Canada).

I have a confusion regarding above question, for example if someone flew out of Canada on 12th of Jan 2021 and returned to Canada on 17th of Jan 2021. So the total number of absences would be how much? 4 or 5 ? The traveling in/out dates should be included or excluded? Like how do we calculate them?

Apologies if it has been answered before.. I tried to search but couldn't find an answer to this.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone,

While filling out the "APPLICATION FOR A PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD" IMM 5444e form for PR Card Renewal; the following question says:

Question 21: TRAVEL HISTORY: Have you travelled or lived outside of Canada in the last five (5) years (or if you became a permanent resident less than five (5) years ago, since becoming a permanent resident)? Include ALL absences (including those due to employment, vacations, trips to the United States and any other time you left Canada).

I have a confusion regarding above question, for example if someone flew out of Canada on 12th of Jan 2021 and returned to Canada on 17th of Jan 2021. So the total number of absences would be how much? 4 or 5 ? The traveling in/out dates should be included or excluded? Like how do we calculate them?

Apologies if it has been answered before.. I tried to search but couldn't find an answer to this.
Days in which you are in Canada even for a minute count. Explain this in whichever way works for you.

So in your above that is four days absent. I have not heard but presume they always use local time of the city from which you departed.