+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NSO marriage certificate, or office original(Philippines)?

Paragone

Nov 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, one of the requirements for the spousal sponsorship of my Filipino wife, is the *original* marriage certificate.

But, in the Philippines, originals usually refer to NSO(National Statistics Office) certified *copies*.

I am not sure where and *whom* will be assessing these requirements - a Canadian in Canada, or a Filipino Visa officer(or are Visa officers always Canadian citizens?) in the Philippines, or both?

I have the *original* office document(from the Mayor's office in Cavite city, where the official ceremony was performed).

So my question is, do I need to send this document, or get an NSO certified *copy* of the marriage certificate?

Also, her police clearance is already expired(by a couple weeks) - do we need to apply for another(we should be submitting the application in the next couple of weeks)?

Also, her birth was late registered, so we have gotten her NSO certified birth certificate as instructed in the instruction pamphlet.

However, they also mentioned a Baptismal certificate, and phrased it as an either/or requirement.

So, to those who have done this before, can anyone confirm that an NSO birth certificate should be enough, even if her birth was late registered?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks - this forum is a blessing.

bainer04

Oct 4, 2014
Me and my wife are using the NSO forms for her birth certificate, Marriage contract and the other one can't remember the name but which lists her official status of being married to me.