+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NSEEE - common law partner issues

Jakec

Aug 19, 2019
Hello all,

I am currently waiting for the results of the IELTS. Then, I will start applying PR under the Nova Scotia Experience Express Entry. I am planning to list my girlfriend as my accompanying dependent. However, her study permit is going to be expired and she will be heading back home.

I am just wondering if I could still apply PR and listing her as my accompany dependent when she is NOT in Canada? We have been living together a bit over a year now, and I believe we will have enough proof of documents to prove our relationship and we have been living together over a year.

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all,

I am currently waiting for the results of the IELTS. Then, I will start applying PR under the Nova Scotia Experience Express Entry. I am planning to list my girlfriend as my accompanying dependent. However, her study permit is going to be expired and she will be heading back home.

I am just wondering if I could still apply PR and listing her as my accompany dependent when she is NOT in Canada? We have been living together a bit over a year now, and I believe we will have enough proof of documents to prove our relationship and we have been living together over a year.

Thank you
Yes, she is still your common-law partner even if she leaves Canada.

Jakec

Aug 19, 2019
So it would be fine if I still apply PR while listing her as accompanying dependent regardless she is in Canada or not? Thank you for your response!