+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NS experience express entry and common law questions

Jakec

Aug 19, 2019
Hello guys,

I am currently going to start applying for the PR through the NSEEE ( I haven't submitted any applications yet), but before I fill out any applications. I would like to know if I can sponsor my girlfriend as we have the common law partner status?

Let me talk about my situation, I have been living with my girlfriend almost a year. She is having a student visa (she is about to graduate) and I am having a post graduation working permit ( I have worked over a year as an Engineer-in-training). I would like to know if I can sponsor my girlfriend to get PR when I am not a PR but only eligible to apply PR? Also, how risky would that be in terms of refusal of application? I am just afraid of me getting the PR but not her?

I have spoken to the commissioner and she said I can apply the PR through NSEEE with my girlfriend (common law partner) as my dependent, and once I get nominated then she will be have the nominated certificate. Then we will both receive PR. Would like to know if anyone has done this before?

Thank you,
Jake