+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Now what ?

Lambeen

Mar 18, 2014
I sent off my application for family class sponsorship originally in May of 2014 they returned it in August saying I was missing a form which I wasn't. Sent it back and now I am getting emails asking me to send in criminal record check again, even though I sent in with my original application. Took care of that and it says my application is in Queue to be reviewed by an officer so hopefully the end is near. I am applying as an OUT OF CA applicant my husband is sponsoring me. I have been in Canada on a visitor permit which I have been extending for the last three years. My most current visitor permit expired on Sep 6 and I have applied on line to extend it. Usually I get it before the other one expires because I do it 30 days before online. My question is I am currently in the USA visiting family and am booked to go back to Canada tomorrow where I have been with my husband. I have not received my new extention yet . I am booked to fly back to Canada tomorrow. I am thinking they are not going to let me thru. Am I being paranoid?

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
Lambeen said:
I sent off my application for family class sponsorship originally in May of 2014 they returned it in August saying I was missing a form which I wasn't. Sent it back and now I am getting emails asking me to send in criminal record check again, even though I sent in with my original application. Took care of that and it says my application is in Queue to be reviewed by an officer so hopefully the end is near. I am applying as an OUT OF CA applicant my husband is sponsoring me. I have been in Canada on a visitor permit which I have been extending for the last three years. My most current visitor permit expired on Sep 6 and I have applied on line to extend it. Usually I get it before the other one expires because I do it 30 days before online. My question is I am currently in the USA visiting family and am booked to go back to Canada tomorrow where I have been with my husband. I have not received my new extention yet . I am booked to fly back to Canada tomorrow. I am thinking they are not going to let me thru. Am I being paranoid?
A bunch of the applicants who applied in Jan-Feb 2015 including myself received the same letter about the FBI clearance in which at the bottom of the letter it states if you have sent in the FBI clearance to not submit another one or go about obtaining one, i am assuming your application is in process on ECAS? Without the extension you are allowed in Canada up to 6 month granted you have not overstayed which looks like you haven't as you are currently in the U.S. I highly doubt you would be turned away at the border.

Lambeen

Mar 18, 2014
Thanks so much. I am hoping they give me some more time while my extention is being processed. When they sent me the email to get the fingerprints and criminal record done I didn't read the part that said if its been done don't do it again. I just read the part that says it needs to be done by 45 days. I figured the whole process has taken so long that they needed a new updated one. I am in Que in Ottawa so hopefully it wont be too much longer

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Lambeen said:
Thanks so much. I am hoping they give me some more time while my extention is being processed. When they sent me the email to get the fingerprints and criminal record done I didn't read the part that said if its been done don't do it again. I just read the part that says it needs to be done by 45 days. I figured the whole process has taken so long that they needed a new updated one. I am in Que in Ottawa so hopefully it wont be too much longer
Well technically if you don't live in the country, the FBI check should be good until it expires (if there is even a date on it, I can't remember). It's mixed information.

As for the border, my only concern is if they received your application yet, and if it would look like you overstayed. Did you leave Canada before your last extension expired? If so then you are fine and technically won't even need the extension, as when you cross back over again your time will reset.

Just to be safe, bring the receipt for the payment of your extension to show them if for some reason they don't have the information in your system to show you had implied status.

Lambeen

Mar 18, 2014
Thanks for the reply. They are asking me to send a Canada criminal check with fingerprints, I guess because I have been here for the most part I don't need to send in a FBI report. I applied for my visitor extention online and have an emriail saying it was received that was August 6th and it expired Sep 6 while I was in the states. I left Sep 1st so it should be good. Im wondering how much time they will give me if they do let me thru and also when I get my visitor permit that will still be good?? Thanks for any help

Lambeen

Mar 18, 2014
Also I am applying as an out of Canada applicant which means I don't have implied status right ? because I have crossed the border and am only visiting. I did print off the letter they emailed me saying that my extention request has been received, they don't give you the letter unless its paid for. Lots of this stuff I still don't understand, all I know is I am filing as an out of Canada applicant because I was told it would be easier for me to go back across the border if I need to as a visitor. I am hoping I get someone kind tomorrow

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Lambeen said:
Thanks for the reply. They are asking me to send a Canada criminal check with fingerprints, I guess because I have been here for the most part I don't need to send in a FBI report. I applied for my visitor extention online and have an emriail saying it was received that was August 6th and it expired Sep 6 while I was in the states. I left Sep 1st so it should be good. Im wondering how much time they will give me if they do let me thru and also when I get my visitor permit that will still be good?? Thanks for any help

A Canada check? That's weird, CIC supposedly does their own criminal background checks for Canada, my husband was a visitor for almost 9 years before he applied (also American) and required no Canada check (applied outland) but I guess they do sometimes do that. Just make sure they aren't asking for the FBI check.

You can't get implied status directly from any of the PR applications inland or outland, but the visitor record extension would have given you that implied status. But, since you left the country, that no longer matters. When you cross back over you will have status. My experience has been good when crossing the border with some sort of proof of status (in your case proof of visitor extension), and on top of that you have applied for PR already so I think you will have no problems at all.

Lambeen

Mar 18, 2014
I just double checked and they did ask me for a RCMP criminal record check with fingerprints if my residence in Canada has been more that six months since being age 18. I did send one in with my original application many moons ago but they asked me for another one. Oh well I had to comply with it and its now on its way to them, they said my application is in Queue for an officer to check it over so hopefully it wont be too much longer. I mailed in off May of 2014. I will be so glad to have this over.
By the way they issued me a visitor permit at the airport immigration office when I was informed that I had lost my implied status by leaving before I got the extention. The lady was nice and printed me another certificate good for a year, hopefully the last one I will ever need. One of the other ladies working there was really scarey and very rude to us while we were in line, so im so glad I didn't get her. Why do they have to be so rude? Oh well at least I didn't have to deal with her . Thanks everyone for the input.