November 2023 **inland** spousal applications

whatawaiting

Nov 28, 2023
Hello,

I applied Dec 3
AOR: 22 Dec
BIL: 24 Jan
Biometrics given: 25 Jan

There is no update on pr tracker but GCkey shows as completed and says background check in progress. How long does PR tracker take to update? What should I expect next?
you should wait for few days for pr tracker updates
you will get pre-arrival service letter next

RTV24

Jan 5, 2024
If your work permit extension is in progress then you should be good. Wait for the application to be provess until then you don't have to leave country.
`I think you got my question wrong, I have applied for my OWP & not an extension, and my spousal PR is in process. Legally I should leave the country by 19th of March, Do I still need to file for my visitor visa extension?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Everyone, Can someone help me understand if I need to file an extension for my Temporary visa? My Spousal application is already submitted and my biometrics are also done. I have received the AOR and applied for the work permit too. Legally I should leave the country by 18th March.

Is there a need for me to file the visa extension? If yes, is there a specific form?
You received AOR for your spousal sponsorship application and you apply for OWP while you still have a valid status.
So in this case, you have maintaince status unless your OWP application is being returned (but I don't see that very often unless thats been applied in the wrong section or main document required is missing from the document check list).

It's up to you if you want to extend your visitor status. (extend your stay)
Otherwise, you are OK and is legally in maintainace status as visitor.

SkyEarth

Nov 20, 2023
Great! when did you submitted your OWP application?
My full timeline is in my signature. OWP-specific timeline is as follows:

OWP Submitted: Dec 10, 2023

OWP App Status Change Notification (not sure what changed): Dec 11, 2023
OWP Web Form Addt'l Docs (not requested) Submitted: Dec 12, 2023
OWP Web Form Addt'l Docs (not requested) Confirmation: Dec 15, 2023
OWP App Status Change Notification (not sure what changed): Dec 18, 2023
(Biometrics Requested for PR on Dec 20. Submitted for PR Dec 27. Marked Completed for PR & OWP on Dec 28)
OWP Web Form Addt'l Docs (not requested) Received: Dec 29, 2023

OWP Approved: Jan 23, 2024
OWP Received: Jan 29, 2024

The documents that I submitted through the web form were AOR, Marriage Certificate, OWP Payment Receipt, and Form IMM556E. I wasn't sent any communications asking for those documents, but form IMM556E is a checklist and indicates those are documents that should be submitted with the OWP application. I wanted to make sure the agents had everything.

[Edit:] Oh! And I also noticed on the envelope for my OWP that the permit's CPC was Edmonton -- thought that was worth noting for anyone interested :)

Last edited:

Lara123

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Hi,
Have you got any update on your application?
I have submitted on: November 30
AOR: 21 december

after that no updates so far .

Lara123

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Hi All, I submitted the spousal PR application on November 30 th and received AOR on Dec21st 2023.Since then there no updates …is this normal ?
Also my visitor visa expiring on Feb 5 and applied for Visitor record a month ago . But no updates so far
Am I allowed to stay inside Canada in this situation ?

RTV24

Jan 5, 2024
Hi All, I submitted the spousal PR application on November 30 th and received AOR on Dec21st 2023.Since then there no updates …is this normal ?
Also my visitor visa expiring on Feb 5 and applied for Visitor record a month ago . But no updates so far
Am I allowed to stay inside Canada in this situation ?
Yes you’re allowed to stay inside canada. It is called maintained status. Also have you applied for Sowp?

Lara123

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Yes you’re allowed to stay inside canada. It is called maintained status. Also have you applied for Sowp?
Yes , it’s been 10 days since I applied for OWP no updates on this either .
for Visitor Record , I just got the submission confirmation document from the gckey login. Will it be sufficient to keep in the records for future reference Incase for maintained status ?