+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 **inland** spousal applications

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
what is the status of eligibility on the Tracker ?
if eligibility is completed, then you will get it soon, i believe
Nov 01 - none for 2 of my known applicants.

maniacs do Triaging at IRCC - and all is influenced on how they filter etc.. based on internal analytics. [AA]

FIFO gone out of roof .. no more..

RTV24

Jan 5, 2024
Hi Everyone, Can someone help me understand if I need to file an extension for my Temporary visa? My Spousal application is already submitted and my biometrics are also done. I have received the AOR and applied for the work permit too. Legally I should leave the country by 18th March.

Is there a need for me to file the visa extension? If yes, is there a specific form?

Largedoubledouble

Nov 19, 2023
Hi Everyone, Can someone help me understand if I need to file an extension for my Temporary visa? My Spousal application is already submitted and my biometrics are also done. I have received the AOR and applied for the work permit too. Legally I should leave the country by 18th March.

Is there a need for me to file the visa extension? If yes, is there a specific form?
If your work permit extension is in progress then you should be good. Wait for the application to be provess until then you don't have to leave country.

eric786110

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hey guys i was hoping if someone can shed some light on my current situation. I am a canadian citizen residing in canada i want to sponsor my wife,she is also currently in canada. We are currently waiting on our marriage certificate we were told it takes about 8 weeks to receive. But the issue is i have some family commitment’s in USA for which i have to stay in the states for 4-5 months. Is there a way we can start our spousal application while i am in USA and my wife in canada ?
Thanks

Swaleha.M

Jun 5, 2023
Here is my progress so far. Please let me know if someone has created a Whatsapp group for Nov 2023 in-land applicants.

Family Class Sponsorship - Spouse Living in Canada (Inland)
Ontario | No dependents | CPC: Mississauga
Submitted: Nov 10, 2023
AOR: Dec 07, 2023
BIL: Dec 16, 2023
Pre-Arrival Letter: Dec 16, 2023
Eligibility Complete Email: Dec 18, 2023
Eligibility Complete in Online Tracker: Dec 27, 2023
Background verification In-Progress: Dec 27, 2023
*Update*

Medical completed on tracker: Jan 24, 2024

MTS950

Jan 18, 2024
Hey guys i was hoping if someone can shed some light on my current situation. I am a canadian citizen residing in canada i want to sponsor my wife,she is also currently in canada. We are currently waiting on our marriage certificate we were told it takes about 8 weeks to receive. But the issue is i have some family commitment’s in USA for which i have to stay in the states for 4-5 months. Is there a way we can start our spousal application while i am in USA and my wife in canada ?
Thanks
Hi, did you apply for expedited marriage certificate? It would come sooner in that case. Since you are a Canadian citizen, you don't have to be inside Canada when the process is ongoing. Not sure if you start the process from outside Canada.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Hi, did you apply for expedited marriage certificate? It would come sooner in that case. Since you are a Canadian citizen, you don't have to be inside Canada when the process is ongoing. Not sure if you start the process from outside Canada.
It doesn’t allow you to expedite , unfortunately that’s one certificate they don’t allow for you to get earlier .. I tried it as well.. you can’t apply for it until after 10 weeks .. it doesn’t matter how early you pay for it .. it literally took 3 months .

MTS950

Jan 18, 2024
It doesn’t allow you to expedite , unfortunately that’s one certificate they don’t allow for you to get earlier .. I tried it as well.. you can’t apply for it until after 10 weeks .. it doesn’t matter how early you pay for it .. it literally took 3 months .
I got mine in 3 weeks :) While registering the marriage with the officiant you have to submit a letter stating the need/urgency along with an expresspost envelope.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
I got mine in 3 weeks :) While registering the marriage with the officiant you have to submit a letter stating the need/urgency along with an expresspost envelope.
I did as well and I got a no. I waited 3 months I just said what ever.. Not everyone is lucky I guess .

• Sad
Reactions: MTS950

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Update , my husband receive his BIL today , going to book an appointment to do this .

Application submitted - November 10
Request for Documents - Dec 6
AOR- DEC28
BIL - Jan 25

Last edited:

sidhuripudaman

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
Hello,

I applied Dec 3
AOR: 22 Dec
BIL: 24 Jan
Biometrics given: 25 Jan

There is no update on pr tracker but GCkey shows as completed and says background check in progress. How long does PR tracker take to update? What should I expect next?