+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 **inland** spousal applications

sidhuripudaman

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
Hello everyone,
Does PR tracker show background verification in the box on top as in progress right away? Is that normal for everyone? Or did they actually start my background check already? I applied Dec 3 AOR 22 Dec.

SkyEarth

Nov 20, 2023
Hello everyone,
Does PR tracker show background verification in the box on top as in progress right away? Is that normal for everyone? Or did they actually start my background check already? I applied Dec 3 AOR 22 Dec.
I was wondering this as well, because my background verification is also showing as in progress.

ishyyyy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Hello everyone,
Same. When I got my AOR and created PR tracker, the background check is already in progress

Largedoubledouble

Nov 19, 2023
Hello everyone,

I was wondering this as well, because my background verification is also showing as in progress.
I think they start background check after issuing AOR. In my case after AOR was issued they started checking eligibility. Today eligibility changed to completed and background check was started.
Give it about few days it should change to completed with update in history on PR tracker account.

ishyyyy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
I think they start background check after issuing AOR. In my case after AOR was issued they started checking eligibility. Today eligibility changed to completed and background check was started.
Give it about few days it should change to completed with update in history on PR tracker account.
If your eligibility is already completed you should be getting AIP and SA soon. Congrats! Background check may take months because it is checked by CSIS, IRCC and CBSA.
me too, but I didn't receive anything after AOR.
In regards of my application, I’ve waited 13 days after getting AOR for biometrics request.

Reactions: Largedoubledouble

Justin618

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
If your eligibility is already completed you should be getting AIP and SA soon. Congrats! Background check may take months because it is checked by CSIS, IRCC and CBSA.

In regards of my application, I’ve waited 13 days after getting AOR for biometrics request.
For me, they have my biometrics when I apply visitor visa, but eligibility haven't start yet.

whatawaiting

Nov 28, 2023
Mine as well.
On tracker, eligibility changed to completed, it looks like sponsor's eligibility, not spouse's eligibility..
so that's why on GC Key, they are still showing as "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."
Also, background is in progress since Dec 18th on tracker, while they changed GC Key status from "Not applicable" to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." without any email notification on Dec 21st.
It seems like tracker and GC Key status don't match very well

Last edited: