manda2023

Aug 22, 2023
Application submitted - November 2
AOR - November 28
BIL - December 11
Pre-arrival services letter - December 12
Eligibility completed on PR tracker - December 11
AIP - December 18

I just received my AIP today!! Omg I can’t believe my application is moving so fast. I’d get my biometrics done on wednesday, dec 20, I’d also get the OHIP with my AIP letter. ❤
Hi, so is the AIP you got saying this?:

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence
as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you
and all your family members have met these requirements.

I received this on email and so did my husband so I'm just trying to figure out if its the AIP/SA.

Thank you!

Tarikla

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence
as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you

I received this on email and so did my husband so I'm just trying to figure out if its the AIP/SA.

Thank you!
If received on the PA email, it's AIP, and on the sponsor email it's SA, so yep, all that's left after those generally is Background check, which is the longest step sadly.

Reactions: manda2023

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Yes, I did read something stating you have to do biometrics again regardless if you did it before
Then they will let me pay again later because I got the letter and it says if we found out that you have to pay we will let you know. But I still don't understand why you have to give it again if you already provided them :)

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Then they will let me pay again later because I got the letter and it says if we found out that you have to pay we will let you know. But I still don't understand why you have to give it again if you already provided them :)
Lol it’s a money making thing . I husband did one this year as well and I know he will have to do it again

Reactions: rmtl

ishyyyy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
AOR - November 28
BIL - December 11
AIP - December 18
SA - December 18

My husband just received sponsor’s approval in his email. I still can’t believeeee
I got my biometrics done today at Service Canada, then I checked my gckey it updated to Biometrics completed but not in the tracker. Looks like it has real time update on gckey for biometrics.

So far here’s my pr application progress:

AOR - November 28
BIL - December 11
AIP - December 18
SA - December 18
Biometrics done (completed on GCKEY) - December 20

Last edited:
Reactions: lovindahubby

whatawaiting

Nov 28, 2023
I got new update today :)
I applied OWP yesterday, and I got Biometrics Instruction Letter today.
But I got this letter from OWP application, not PR application.. I hope it is the same thing

Submitted: Nov 19, 2023
AOR: Dec 9, 2023
OWP: Dec 11, 2023
BIL: Dec 12, 2023 (from OWP)
Updated
I am going to visit Service Canada tomorrow for BIL again

Submitted: Nov 19, 2023
AOR: Dec 9, 2023
OWP: Dec 11, 2023
BIL: Dec 12, 2023 (OWP)
BGC: Dec 12, 2023 (OWP)
BIL Completed: Dec 14, 2023 (OWP)
BIL: Dec 19, 2023 (PR)
Pre-Arrival Service: Dec 20, 2023

Last edited:
Reactions: rmtl and ishyyyy

ishyyyy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019

Thank you!
Yes, thats AIP :)

Reactions: manda2023

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
I got my biometrics done today at Service Canada, then I checked my gckey it updated to Biometrics completed but not in the tracker. Looks like it has real time update on gckey for biometrics.

So far here’s my pr application progress:

AOR - November 28
BIL - December 11
AIP - December 18
SA - December 18
Biometrics done (completed on GCKEY) - December 20
This is crazy fast. Congrats. Are you Quebec applicant?

ishyyyy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Thats crazy fast and very lucky i guess. Never seen anyone get AIP before medicals, but ive seen if you have been married for a long time, it seems to be faster. If thats your case, then makes sense than someone newly married
Thank you so much! I honestly expected my app to move by January next year as I’ve seen on others they wait a month or two for AOR. We are actually newly weds, just got married August this year.

Reactions: SkyEarth and rmtl