+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 **inland** spousal applications

whatawaiting

Nov 28, 2023
Updated
Submitted: Nov 19, 2023
AOR: Dec 9, 2023
I got new update today :)
I applied OWP yesterday, and I got Biometrics Instruction Letter today.
But I got this letter from OWP application, not PR application.. I hope it is the same thing

Submitted: Nov 19, 2023
AOR: Dec 9, 2023
OWP: Dec 11, 2023
BIL: Dec 12, 2023 (from OWP)

Last edited:

ishyyyy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Holy crap that was super fast. Congrats on the speedy responses on your application!! I'm happy to see movement for someone ^^
Thank youu so much!! I still can’t believe my own eyes when I received emails from ircc for 2 consecutive days. Still feeling over the moon ❤

shahzeba6

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
I called IRCC last Friday and only waited about 2 minutes to answer my phone. They told me the spouse would receive the AOR letter with his UCI as well, but anyway, I linked the application using my spouse's IRCC account eventually by using somebody's tip, I changed the applicant number to "2". That sounds weird but it works.
Well I received the AOR with my(Sponsor) UCI number, not my spouse(Principal). is this normal?
Also, it is important to link the application to the IRCC account? is there any benefit?

SkyEarth

Nov 20, 2023
Well I received the AOR with my(Sponsor) UCI number, not my spouse(Principal). is this normal?
Also, it is important to link the application to the IRCC account? is there any benefit?
I would recommend at least linking to GCKey so that if IRCC needs to communicate with you for updates or additional documents they can do so electronically to your email rather than through the post. GCKey will also provide you with access to status updates to see where your application is in the review process.

The email with the sponsor's UCI and the application number are considered the first AOR, so this is normal :)

Last edited:

ishyyyy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Yes. I’ve received my Biometrics Instruction Letter and Pre-arrival services letter on my gckey. They just sent an email saying I should login to gckey because there’s a new update on my application.

shahzeba6

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
I would recommend at least linking to GCKey so that if IRCC needs to communicate with you for updates or additional documents they can do so electronically to your email rather than through the post. GCKey will also provide you with access to status updates to see where your application is in the review process.

The email with the sponsor's UCI and the application number are considered the first AOR, so this is normal :)
Can you provide instructions/website link on how I can link the application? I already have my spouse Visitor record application in progress on Gc Key?
If I need to register at gc key, shall I do it with her previous UCI or my UCI? to link her PR application to gc key?

SkyEarth

Nov 20, 2023
Can you provide instructions/website link on how I can link the application? I already have my spouse Visitor record application in progress on Gc Key?
If I need to register at gc key, shall I do it with her previous UCI or my UCI? to link her PR application to gc key?
You will want to use the UCI that was on the AOR that you received (which will be the Sponsor's UCI). There's some good instructions here on how to link it: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

Reactions: ishyyyy