+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<< November 2023 AOR >>>>>

sb2220

May 6, 2022
Just received a ghost update on my application. My "Review of medical results" changed from approved 18th Jan to blank. I had medical pass and BIL yesterday. But, I can access the tracker now.(AOR - Nov 1, FSW-Inland)

jenzl

Apr 30, 2021
Hi All,
I’m FSW-O, AOR Nov 28. Just waiting for the application to be processed.
Did you schedule upfront medical before getting the request from IRCC (basically estimate when the request comes)? Or wait until you’ve received the request? Just trying to not waste any time in the process.
Thanks!

sssa

Oct 31, 2023
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-11-2023
Med's Request
17-01-2024
Hi All,
I’m FSW-O, AOR Nov 28. Just waiting for the application to be processed.
Did you schedule upfront medical before getting the request from IRCC (basically estimate when the request comes)? Or wait until you’ve received the request? Just trying to not waste any time in the process.
Thanks!
I waited. Estimates can be wrong so it's best to wait for MIL.

Reactions: jenzl

NimmaDreamland

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
AOR Received.
28th Nov 2023
Hello, so I found your post to be helpful and wanted to actually use my this time as I wait for medical and biometrics call to look into my employment readiness. I looked into this mentoring program you mentioned but unfortunately it is only limited to people already in Canada. As I am an FSW-O candidate I was wondering if you may know of other ways to make use of this wait time to connect with mentors willing to guide people from the same industry (like in my case it would be the mental health industry). Truly agree that this time being in my home country with my safety net in place is the right time to make most of strengthening my chances of being employed soon once I reach Canada. Would appreciate your insight! Thank you!

You need to check if you fall under a regulated profession, those are biggest pain as they would require you to secure a license to be able to work in your field. For some positions in finance and accounting it is entirely possible that your foreign work exp is not relevant at all. But for those, I'd suggest getting some freelance/contract experience to bridge the gap. Most recruiters in Canada are going to ask you for Canadian exp in some of these professions and would blindly reject those that don't have it. If you have freelance/contract work exp in Canada, that won't be an issue.

Getting some certificates help, for example if you are Physiotherapist, prepping for PCE through CAPR in advance would make it easy for you to get certified and be able to work post landing. Those are well recognized certifications that are helpful. But let's say if there are certifications like CPHR(for someone in HR), they are a good to have and maybe have a mild impact on your overall application - so I don't recommend those types.

Best course of action for you(as finance is a quite broad for me to get into specifics), talk to 3-4 people from your target job title. It will be best if you they are recent immigrants in Canada. You can offer them something for an hour of their time with you, but that's will do three things:
1. give you a relatively unfiltered view of what to expect - you can make decision on whether you'll soft land to get a SIN/bank for work authorization and only land after getting a job vs a normal landing
2. build out a network that can potentially refer you jobs
3. help you gain very specific insights into what's somewhat useless(e.g. CPHR certification) vs what's very helpful(PCE from CAPR).

If you do this networking right, it can also help you find a mentor here that can help and guide you for a much longer time. I always recommend getting mentors!

You can also use something like TRIEC(for Toronto, you can find one for every major city): https://triec.ca/mentoring-newcomers/ and find people who are willing to help you and are extremely relevant to your field. I'm personally a part of CRIEC(Calgary) and talk to somewhere between 15-20 new immigrants in my field through it each month.

There are a lot more help for newcomers like you, they could be in different forms through, e.g. country specific Facebook groups for each city "Pinoys in Calgary", "Indians in Calgary", etc where you can make posts and get in touch with people from your field.

Reactions: Empress34

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello, so I found your post to be helpful and wanted to actually use my this time as I wait for medical and biometrics call to look into my employment readiness. I looked into this mentoring program you mentioned but unfortunately it is only limited to people already in Canada. As I am an FSW-O candidate I was wondering if you may know of other ways to make use of this wait time to connect with mentors willing to guide people from the same industry (like in my case it would be the mental health industry). Truly agree that this time being in my home country with my safety net in place is the right time to make most of strengthening my chances of being employed soon once I reach Canada. Would appreciate your insight! Thank you!
You can try the following:
1. use mentor marketplaces (plenty of those for jobs like marketing, product, devs, etc), there are next to none for jobs in fields like Oil&Gas, manufacturing, etc.
2. use Slack and other communities to find people who are willing to talk. e.g. accountants can use something like https://www.financealliance.io/community/, https://www.airbase.com/off-the-ledger, etc. There are similar forums for manufacturing(https://adiforums.com/, https://www.eng-tips.com/), etc.
3. use Linkedin - pretty effective and available for almost all professions.
4. use licensing associations to find people

Those are some from top of my head, but let me know if they aren't helpful.

Nehal56

Star Member
Nov 22, 2023
Folks, I received BIL request but I found they moved my old biometrics. Does that mean I have to do it again. Aor 6 Nov, FSW INLAND

Nehal56

Star Member
Nov 22, 2023
Folks, I received BIL request but I found they moved my old biometrics. Does that mean I have to do it again. Aor 6 Nov, FSW INLAND
In the morning, I had my medical as passed but with tomorrow's date. Now I found a ghost update and the medical information field is empty. I tried to register in the tracker, but did not work. Any one knows why?