+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
It's very very very unlikely people will get approved for oath outside Canada. If they do allow it, it will be for certain very special circumstances as @forw.jane stated. There has been only one anecdotal report of oath outside Canada during the pandemic as far as I remember in this forum. However, I do not have a link to that post.

If you are unable to travel for your scheduled oath, let them know and they'll most likely postpone your oath to a later date. Also, rescheduling your oath may take up to 6 months after you send proof of return to Canada... Could be sooner if you are lucky. So, it's highly recommended you not postpone or reschedule your oath if you can.
Yup fair enough. Not counting on it, just wanted to gather more information on this. Thanks for the information.

harmeet147

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
You can request for GCMS notes and see how things are moving internally. But waiting is your only friend at 8 months. MP office, IRCC will give you 19 months ETA for any questions you will ask. Once LPP completes you will have ways to ask for updates.
What are the ways to ask for updates after LPP completes?

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
i didn’t request notes
did you think it’s good idea to order notes cause i didn’t hear them back since i completed the test in March
In some cases people have coincidently received updates after requesting notes, not yet in my case. You can give it a try and see where it's stuck.

harmeet147

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
You can send an email to the Oath email address for your processing office.
Would that be the same as where one got the test invite from? And if yes, would anyone have the oath email address for the Scarborough office?

I have some travel planned in September, and would hate to cancel my travel plans.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Would that be the same as where one got the test invite from? And if yes, would anyone have the oath email address for the Scarborough office?

I have some travel planned in September, and would hate to cancel my travel plans.
No its a separate one. You can search the forum and surely would find it

harmeet147

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
No its a separate one. You can search the forum and surely would find it
I mistyped. I meant to ask if the office scheduling the oath is the same office which sent me the test invite. I got the test invite from Scarborough office. So I guess I'll find the oath email address for Scarborough and email on that. Thanks for the help!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I mistyped. I meant to ask if the office scheduling the oath is the same office which sent me the test invite. I got the test invite from Scarborough office. So I guess I'll find the oath email address for Scarborough and email on that. Thanks for the help!
Most of the time it is same but sometimes files are moved to other offices too.

Reactions: harmeet147

Zicomatic

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
I just had my ceremony today - I applied for E certificate How do I create IRCC portal account ? Will the email they send have instruction to create the account ?

Zicomatic

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
When I tried to create an IRCC portal account it asks for Invite Code will that code be part of the Email that I will receive for E Certificate ?