+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

user321

Nov 11, 2022
I called IRCC since my application has exceeded the 14 month processing time. They told me that my application is "non-standard" because they requested fingerprints and an interview from me. She said there is no way to expedite the application, and it would take as long as it takes. The 14 month time does not apply to non-standard applications.

Ugh!

azzokhalifa

Star Member
Dec 3, 2022
Hello everyone,

I still have my physical presence and prohibition in progress even though I haven’t left the country for 11 years .
I owe CRA money is that why it’s triggering my application? I got my Mp involved but still waiting for a response. Last time I requested ATIP location was E grant DF
  • Nov 21, 2023
    Activity status updated: Language skills
    Language skills
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.

• Nov 14, 2023
    Activity status updated: Background verification
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated

• Jul 11, 2023
      Interview required
      You've been scheduled to attend an interview with our official on July 11, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

• Apr 12, 2023
      Activity status updated: Citizenship test
      Citizenship test status has been

Nov 18, 2022
Application filed
We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hello everyone,

I still have my physical presence and prohibition in progress even though I haven’t left the country for 11 years .
I owe CRA money is that why it’s triggering my application? I got my Mp involved but still waiting for a response. Last time I requested ATIP location was E grant DF
  • Nov 21, 2023
    Activity status updated: Language skills
    Language skills
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.

• Nov 14, 2023
    Activity status updated: Background verification
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated

• Jul 11, 2023
      Interview required
      You've been scheduled to attend an interview with our official on July 11, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

• Apr 12, 2023
      Activity status updated: Citizenship test
      Citizenship test status has been

Nov 18, 2022
Application filed
We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

Tough to answer... try posting your query here - Grant DF Club

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
They sent this email today ( 8 months after the application and getting AOR and passing BG) . I already applied again on June 11th.
Hello Mr. .....,

This email is in response to an inquiry received regarding your family’s application. Your family’s file has been in CPC Sydney since you have submitted it.

Your family file was delayed as a review of physical presence was required.

Upon review of the file, it was determined that your wife’s application did not meet the required physical presence of 1095 days. When a member of a family file does not meet physical presence, the whole file is returned with an explanation letter.

Therefore, your family’s applications have been returned to your home address. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery via Canada Post.

The explanation letter will advise you of the circumstance.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Yours truly,

K....

Citizenship Officer / CPC Sydney
we applied again in June 2023 and was waiting for long time to get lpp. Lpp was green March 25 2024. Now waiting for ceremony

JESSICAHJH

Apr 10, 2024
After waiting so long, I have finally been approved for citizenship and will have my ceremony April 10! Good luck to all of you who are still waiting. I hope the wait won't be much longer!
hi, Congratulations!
Are you able to download your e-Certificate?

user321

Nov 11, 2022
hi, Congratulations!
Are you able to download your e-Certificate?
It was an in-person ceremony. I received a hard copy certificate there on Wednesday. On Friday morning around 8 AM, my ECAS changed to "completed" and I then applied for my passport.