+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Lira

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Got our PPR early this morning. VO Warsaw.. Nov 19, 2021 applicants.

For those following our story, this means that IRCC did indeed accept the "online" police certificate from Russia.
Congratulation!!! Finally you reached the end of the tunnel! All the best in your next move!..

Reactions: Canuck11

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hello!
Is anyone know how long they take for background check?
Thanks.
Unfortunately, there is no limit or service standard as this is done outside of IRCC.. Depends a lot on the case. On average it seems to be two-three months. Some however get this very quick, other can wait for a year...

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Hi man! Tell me please, how long took in your case background check by VO Warsaw?
Thanks a lot.
Everything for us in the new tracker was set to "Completed" (including background check) since around Jan 25th. I think everything after that was just formalities - submitting a new police report, medical check, etc.

After we submitted those two new things we were still waiting for PPR - so we contacted our MP and he contacted IRCC and they said our application was at "all stages complete - awaiting final review".

So I submitted a webform to IRCC saying that our case was past the normal processing time and asking why the final review was taking so long, etc. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but about 2 weeks after that we got our PPR.

If you haven't already done so, I would strongly recommend contacting your member of parliament - now that you are past the normal processing time, IRCC is obligated to provide you with a response.

Reactions: Lira

AliakseiY

Star Member
Nov 27, 2021
Everything for us in the new tracker was set to "Completed" (including background check) since around Jan 25th. I think everything after that was just formalities - submitting a new police report, medical check, etc.

After we submitted those two new things we were still waiting for PPR - so we contacted our MP and he contacted IRCC and they said our application was at "all stages complete - awaiting final review".

So I submitted a webform to IRCC saying that our case was past the normal processing time and asking why the final review was taking so long, etc. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but about 2 weeks after that we got our PPR.

If you haven't already done so, I would strongly recommend contacting your member of parliament - now that you are past the normal processing time, IRCC is obligated to provide you with a response.
Everything was completed for Jan 25th.. but do you remember when it was started (background check)
Thanks

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Everything was completed for Jan 25th.. but do you remember when it was started (background check)
Thanks
Ours went right from "Not Starter" to "Completed" on January 25th.

That being said, on Jan 25th, some new history items showed up that were not there before. It showed that the background check supposedly started on December 20th.

AliakseiY

Star Member
Nov 27, 2021
Thanks
E
Ours went right from "Not Starter" to "Completed" on January 25th.

That being said, on Jan 25th, some new history items showed up that were not there before. It showed that the background check supposedly started on December 20th.
how I can find our MP?
And you sent webform at your VO or webform IRCC Canada? My online tracker shows background check started Apr 19 th
thanks

Last edited:

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

I emailed the Warsaw VO many times but they never replied. That being said, it can't hurt to email them. I did email them as well when we were awaiting final approval but they never replied, however they do read all emails.

I also at the same time submitted a webform with IRCC about us awaiting final decision. They typically did always reply to my emails within 2-3 weeks (just saying your application is under processing). This specific time they did NOT reply, so it's possible they read my webform and actually took action. Again we got our PPR around 2 weeks after I submitted the webform.

AliakseiY

Star Member
Nov 27, 2021
https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

I emailed the Warsaw VO many times but they never replied. That being said, it can't hurt to email them. I did email them as well when we were awaiting final approval but they never replied, however they do read all emails.

I also at the same time submitted a webform with IRCC about us awaiting final decision. They typically did always reply to my emails within 2-3 weeks (just saying your application is under processing). This specific time they did NOT reply, so it's possible they read my webform and actually took action. Again we got our PPR around 2 weeks after I submitted the webform.
You contacted you MP by phone or email?

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
By email - MP offices are typically fairly responsive - we always got a reply the same day. Just let them know you submitted your application in Nov 2021 and it is now well beyond reasonable processing time.

Lira

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021

Thanks for your detailed reply.... I am from an other vo, but We are waiting since Dec 8th, 2022 with everything complete and still nothing...I dont understand what they do on this applications...Last time that we contacted them they said that background check is still in process no matter that in the tracker was showing complete...

Lira

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Thanks for your detailed reply.... I am from an other vo, but We are waiting since Dec 8th, 2022 with everything complete and still nothing...I dont understand what they do on this applications...Last time that we contacted them they said that background check is still in process no matter that in the tracker was showing complete...
Also contacted the mp recently and they said that they sent a request to ircc, and the reply it gets usually 1 week from the submiting day....

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Also contacted the mp recently and they said that they sent a request to ircc, and the reply it gets usually 1 week from the submiting day....
Try emailing your VO directly, as well as submitting a webform to IRCC. IRCC *will* reply to your webform since you are past the normal processing time

Reactions: Lira