+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Yes we received our pre-arrival around jan 25th, and got a 2nd police report request on the same day.

We provided the 2nd police report about a week later, and then on roughly feb 25th, we got a 2nd medical request. These guys are just incompetent nuisances - I don't know why they didn't just ask for the 2nd medical when they asked for the 2nd police report.

Everything in the new tracker also shows as completed (except for medical, which we are doing today).
Btw, how did you finally get the police report? Embassy or electronic one? I'm curious, if it's the later was it well accepted by the IRCC?

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Btw, how did you finally get the police report? Embassy or electronic one? I'm curious, if it's the later was it well accepted by the IRCC?
We ended up submitting the electronic one. I can't say for sure, but I *think* it was accepted.

As per my previous reply, we got our pre-arrival and the request for a new police certificate on Jan 25th. We applied online for the police certificate and got it less than a week later, and then got it translated and submitted it via GCKEY.

Around Feb 25th they then sent us a 2nd medical request. They haven't said anything about the police certificate, and I *assume* that they wouldn't have asked for a 2nd medical unless they accepted the police report.

That being said, considering the remarkable incompetence at IRCC - particularly at the Warsaw visa office - it's impossible to say. We'll know for sure if and when we get the PPR, which will hopefully come soon.

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
We ended up submitting the electronic one. I can't say for sure, but I *think* it was accepted.

As per my previous reply, we got our pre-arrival and the request for a new police certificate on Jan 25th. We applied online for the police certificate and got it less than a week later, and then got it translated and submitted it via GCKEY.

Around Feb 25th they then sent us a 2nd medical request. They haven't said anything about the police certificate, and I *assume* that they wouldn't have asked for a 2nd medical unless they accepted the police report.

That being said, considering the remarkable incompetence at IRCC - particularly at the Warsaw visa office - it's impossible to say. We'll know for sure if and when we get the PPR, which will hopefully come soon.
Hi,
Any update on your application?
My 2nd medical got completed since March 5th.
Eligibility and background check completed Feb 1st.
Pre-arrival Feb 3rd.

The wait is becoming more annoying

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Hi,
Any update on your application?
My 2nd medical got completed since March 5th.
Eligibility and background check completed Feb 1st.
Pre-arrival Feb 3rd.

The wait is becoming more annoying
Nothing yet. GCKey shows the 2nd medical completed as of March 16th, and it just got updated today in the new tracker and also shows completed.

In the new tracker everything (eligibility, medical, background check) show as "Completed". In GCKey it still says processing background check and reviewing eligibility.

It seems to me that when they make a request (ie for 2nd medical, or new police report) and give you 30 days to upload it, they don't seem to actually check again until that 30 days is up. Our 2nd medical was requested on Jan 27th, so really hoping that we will hear something by ~Feb 27th.

Reactions: ERCAN

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
Nothing yet. GCKey shows the 2nd medical completed as of March 16th, and it just got updated today in the new tracker and also shows completed.

In the new tracker everything (eligibility, medical, background check) show as "Completed". In GCKey it still says processing background check and reviewing eligibility.

It seems to me that when they make a request (ie for 2nd medical, or new police report) and give you 30 days to upload it, they don't seem to actually check again until that 30 days is up. Our 2nd medical was requested on Jan 27th, so really hoping that we will hear something by ~Feb 27th.
I feel same too about the 30days stuff.

when I reached out to my MP office, was told I am in queue for the next update.

Reactions: Canuck11

Lira

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hi guys, is anybody still waiting for their application...
Applied Dec 1st,2021 outland/online, VO Rome, Italy. Everything shows complete in the tracker since Dec. 8th.. Medical expired beginning of March, and we haven't received any other correspondence from them...

Last edited:

Lira

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
We're in the same boat, although we are just completing our 2nd medical today, so it wont show up in the tracker for a few days. Hoping we get PPR soon as well.
How long after pre-arrival you received the medical request? Ours expired beginning of March, and at the moment everything shows complete on the pr tracker since Dec. 8th when we got the pre-arrival...

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
How long after pre-arrival you received the medical request? Ours expired beginning of March, and at the moment everything shows complete on the pr tracker since Dec. 8th when we got the pre-arrival...
Around Jan 25th everything changed to 'completed' in the new tracker and we got our pre arrival and request for new police certificate.

Then roughly a month later - Feb 25th - they asked for the 2nd medical (even though ours hadn't yet expired - it expired in March of 2023).

Reactions: Lira

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Any updates from anyone? We are still waiting for PPR after sending in our 2nd police report and getting a 2nd medical. I reached out to our MP a couple of days ago and this is the reply I got:

As promised, we followed up with IRCC for another update on the status of ----------'s Sponsorship application and were advised of the following:
  • The application is still open and in progress
  • File last updated on Feb 27, 2023, all assessments were passed, waiting on final decision.
  • The IRCC agent was aware of that the application has just passed the normal processing time (currently, it's estimated at 16 months). However, the file was just updated about a month ago, the office may require more time to review the application before making the final decision.
If you do not hear anything back from IRCC in 3 weeks, please feel free to contact our office. We will follow up with IRCC for another status update.

As per the reply looks like we are *still* waiting for a final decision. Hopefully this will come any day now and will be a PPR. This process, and the general incompetence of IRCC, is really starting to annoy me.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
This process, and the general incompetence of IRCC, is really starting to annoy me.
I admire your patience. When we first applied in December 2021 they screwed up and took 10 months to return our application. We re-applied in September 2022 and now are stuck once again with no one even opening our file and no one is even certain of which VO our file has been sent to, if it has been sent at all. Our Tracker and GCKey are never in sync or seemingly correct. The GCKey says they don't need biometrics yet we received the request and it shows as completed. The Tracker shows our relationship status as Undetermined even though we've clearly applied through the spousal family stream, our addresses are incorrect, there is an N/A for the length of relationship, etc. At least we got an AOR this time from the correct office. IRCC is such a dumpster fire. I have zero patience left but sadly there is also zero I can do about it.

• Sad
Reactions: Canuck11

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
Any updates from anyone? We are still waiting for PPR after sending in our 2nd police report and getting a 2nd medical. I reached out to our MP a couple of days ago and this is the reply I got:

As promised, we followed up with IRCC for another update on the status of ----------'s Sponsorship application and were advised of the following:
  • The application is still open and in progress
  • File last updated on Feb 27, 2023, all assessments were passed, waiting on final decision.
  • The IRCC agent was aware of that the application has just passed the normal processing time (currently, it's estimated at 16 months). However, the file was just updated about a month ago, the office may require more time to review the application before making the final decision.
If you do not hear anything back from IRCC in 3 weeks, please feel free to contact our office. We will follow up with IRCC for another status update.

As per the reply looks like we are *still* waiting for a final decision. Hopefully this will come any day now and will be a PPR. This process, and the general incompetence of IRCC, is really starting to annoy me.
As at March 20th, the Tracked stopped updating.

So I checked the tracker few days ago;
We have COPR document number issued.

On Ecas, it says decision made.

As at this moment, we are yet to get a mail for Passport request.

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
As at March 20th, the Tracked stopped updating.

So I checked the tracker few days ago;
We have COPR document number issued.

On Ecas, it says decision made.

As at this moment, we are yet to get a mail for Passport request.
Just got a PPR mail.

VO - Accra.

App submitted Nov 29.2021.

No update on tracker since March 20th.

To those expecting theirs, I pray it comes soon.

Reactions: Lira and Canuck11